Missing SAVED GAMES

Erwin

Well lets start with, which Operating System?

I don't own it but I believe Vista sufferers get files put in some twillight zone location of Vista's making if you don't install it as an administrator.

Next, did you make back up of these files before hand or did the re installation write over the old folders (and hence your files inside them)?

It could be a Vista problem in that the save games are not saved in the game folder, but in a Virtual location by Windows. If that is so, then when you browse into your game directory and open GameFiles/Saved Games, you will not find any files there.

This would indicate that you didn't install the game with admin rights in a restricted Windows folder (such as "Program Files").

It could also be a simple incompatibility between the save games and 1.02. I don't remember anymore, but previous (1.00, 1.01) save games may not be compatible with 1.02. That should be in the patch notes.

I have Win 7 & and I know that the game saves to a virtual store location.

I can see all the saved game files in the VS location, but the newly re-installed CMA just doesn't see em. Transferring them to a SAVED GAME folder in the game root dir doesn't help.

(I don't recall if they were v1.0 games, but if so maybe v1.02 doesn't see em.)

However, in addition, there are some newly downloaded scenarios (to the regular game location sub directory where all the original scenarios reside) that do not appear on the list eg: the new Poppy Fields Forever scenario I downloaded from Repository and placed in GAME FILES/SCENARIOS. Tried it twice and it doesn't show up in the game list.

Erwin - there is only ONE install of CMA on your computer, is that correct ? So you're not accidentally manipulating the directory of an install that you're not launching, is that correct ?

The 1.01 games saves ARE compatible with 1.02, as long as the games were saved in the 'command' phase and not the 'playback' phase.

The download scenarios/campaigns are all .btt or .cam files respectively, is that correct ? If they are compressed .ZIP or .RAR files, then they won't show up in the scenario/campaign lists OR if they are in their own folders.

You are brilliant Schrullenhaft. I had completely forgot that I asked how to reinstall to a C:/sims/ directory. I did indeed have two CMA games installed.

Moving files from the old install seems to have recovered the saved games.

Thanks!

How to safely uninstall the version installed in the default directory without uninstalling or messing up the license etc for the new install?

I believe you should be able to just delete the CMA directory of the install that you don't want. The licensing should be for the whole OS and your other install should be fine. I'm not sure what the uninstall link in the 'Program and Features' control panel will point to, most likely the first install. So it may be a bit hazy going that route (uninstall program).

Thanks for your help, mate.

So there are no other imbedded programs associated with CMA that require an UNINSTALL?

I had problems with games in the past that I simply deleted only to find there were bits of them still elsewhere in the system.

BTW: I STILL cannot see OUTPOST ASSAULTED in the CMA game scenario list even though it is in the scenario folder. I tried it in CMSF as well and it didn't show up in the that game either, so am pretty sure it's supposed to be in CMA.

Ideas?

BTW: I STILL cannot see OUTPOST ASSAULTED in the CMA game scenario list even though it is in the scenario folder. I tried it in CMSF as well and it didn't show up in the that game either, so am pretty sure it's supposed to be in CMA.

Ideas?

Isn’t that a scenario within the campaign?

In which case you wont see it listed as a discrete battle.

If you saved while playing it will have a “*.bts” extension so it wont show up in the “Scenarios“ menu (which need a “*.btt” extension) in the game, even if it is in the “Scenarios” folder.

Correct me if I'm wrong - But wasn't this the title of one of the missions which came with the demo?

It doesn't show up in my scenario list and I've got it patched to 1.02 also.

Just speculating, but if you had installed the demo, then the full game without uninstalling the demo, perhaps it merged the scenarios folder?

If I recall the single missions for the demo didn't run with the full game.

http://battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95428