I fancy a go playing red.....

....can ayone suggest some good stock missions? (all modules)

I'd like to tinker around against the AI with the red equipment before trying a PBEM, but I know a lot of the scenario's are setup to be played as Blue and can work in a strange way, if the right side is not selected.

Has anyone had any good experiences playing the stock missions, and if so, which one(s)?

Thanks

Hairy

EDIT: just saw the post below, I guess that might be one good one?

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=95649

I play Red vs. Red quite often. I find it to be most evenly matched, and if you stretch your imagination a bit, you can run battles going back to the late 70s and early 80s with this method. The Red equipment list is long and varied, letting you have a lot of different options setting your forces up. If you want to be on the attack, setting an AI plan to defend is no hard task. I have even set no AI plan and let the TacAI run the battle and had great and memorable moments. If you want to try red, set up your own missions and enjoy. That is 70% of the fun I have with CMSF.

• 3 weeks later...
For a bit of quick Red vs Red campaign fun, try my Guardians of the Homeland campaign. Three battles, average length 30 minutes. There's a second part in the works.

Very nice campaign, but you have to treat it with surgical precision. Any slight error of judgement is fatal.

Sometimes I like to play scenarios where you have a margin of error, just to get thoroughly acquainted with all the different units in the game.

Quick battles provide those kind of experience, generally even with 50% less troops on you own side.

And then once in a while I play a very competitive scenario where you are presented with a huge challenge.

But not every battle. Maybe I am just lazy, but in the course of a historical campaign the majority of engagements are not really balanced, but still serve to make the unit into an oiled fighting machine.

The first battle of GotH in particular is very hard, it can be completed in a couple of ways but you will need a dose of luck for both. But on the flip side, it's only 15 turns so even if you end up replaying it 8 945 times, it has only taken 13 weeks of your time.

Hmm... Thanks for the warning.

Having to save and replay numerous times to figure out "the trick" to winning is what makes me hate most RL/FPS shooters.

In these mini-scenarios you don't save, you just start all over again, as the decisive action occurs in the first few turns.

And to be fair, it is mentioned in the briefing that you probably will have to try a few times.

The first battle of GotH in particular is very hard, it can be completed in a couple of ways but you will need a dose of luck for both. But on the flip side, it's only 15 turns so even if you end up replaying it 8 945 times, it has only taken 13 weeks of your time.

In the last battle, I killed/wounded the enemy to the last man, but I still cannot achieve my enemy casualties objectives. A bug?