Great game all! Well done! :)

I will for sure play this game a lot of times.

It is refreshing to play some other fronts

than those of WW Two.

That said I eagerly await the WW Two scenario :D

Apart from a issue with computer turn phasing out

and that France sometimes leaves a full frontline the

game and AI seems decent enough but I think its

full potential is against a human opponent.

I do hope you can tweak the computer even more

to not leave a frontline hex unless it is very disadvantage

to stand there. :eek:

Thanks gentlemen and my hat goes off to Bill for his yet again fantastic work on the campaigns :)

For worg64, was this an entire front line or just a single hex? I only ask as I haven't seen the French abandon an entire front line during testing and perhaps they were withdrawing to the preferred defensive location scripted along Amiens?

Hubert

Hello

No it was not a entire front but it was the 2 hexes one named epinal behind river in between Belfort and Nancy where they where entrenched and had full corps and a splendid defensiv line at the moment they had a full front line before they pulled those back. For me it really seemed like a very bad move. And I could not see any reason whatsoever why they pulled back either because they was not really hard pressed otherwise. It made it possible for me to push out of the hole they created when they left and envelope both belfort and nancy in fuuture turns.

Maybe you should make these hexes a priority as well so they easier defend them since they are so vital for that sector.

I have also noticed that when I got closer to Paris the french abandon

some hexes around Paris.

Some I can understand but the ones behind river and the hexes with forest should also be made into the Capitol defence script and not abandoned.

If the french dont defend these hexes around Paris,

taking Paris will be a lot easier than it should be.

Hi Worg64,

Can you send me some saved turns with descriptions on the tiles in question as this will be helpful in improving the game.

I only ask as the AI does have a focus on defending certain tiles around Paris and perhaps these are not the same ones that you've noticed and it is withdrawing to these instead. But it should be an easy tweak once I get a better idea of your specific game situation etc.

Send to support@furysoftware.com

Thanks!

Hubert

Hi Hubert! I've purchased every SC game since the original came out back in '05 or '06. Hands down, SCWW1 is by far the best. I have always been a fan of World War I games (one of my first board wargames was Avalon Hill's "Guns of August"), and this game really captures the spirit of the period. I've only played through the end of 1914 as the Central Powers in the main campaign, but so far the experience has been awesome! The use of multiple event pop-ups (and the accompanying pictures) are a great touch. And the strategy pop-ups are a welcome addition too.

Like I said, I've long been a fan of the SC series, but SCWW1 shows just how far the game engine has evolved. I am experiencing that great old "just-one-more-turn" feeling with this game... always a good sign. I am looking forward to what's coming up with this game (especially the WW2 mod), as well as what the future will bring to the SC franchise. Thanks Hubert for bringing back classic wargaming fun on the PC! :D

Dave

Thanks I'm very glad to hear it :)

In fairness though I think the biggest credit should go to Bill here for his fantastic work on the campaign designs but that being said we are definitely very glad that the game is an enjoyable one... hope you get many, many more turns in sooner rather than later :)

Team,

Too busy crashing through France while holding off the Russians to say much, but I just wanted to say a quick, but heartfelt and huge, thank you to you all for this great game.

I may be away for some time...

September 1916, Major Victory for the Central Powers!

A few suggestions:

1. Tighten up Eastern France early game.

2. Russians could put a bit more pressure (more units) on Austria-Hungary at the beginning. They required no German help and reached nearly to Odessa.

3. Stalemate at the Suez is way too easy to accomplish for the Ottoman Empire, I'm not sure what could change it.

4. Naval blockade's on German's supplies could have a much larger impact on German morale. As I see it now keeping Germany's ships in harbour has a more positive impact on morale (from the unneccessary loss of life) then trying to break the blockade.

5. Unit placement is fantastic in France, however the Russians sometimes operate their special units into garrisons/harms way, when they have 40+ Corps available.

That's all I can think of for now. Awesome game! I think I need to try +1, Intermediate experience next time.

In fairness though I think the biggest credit should go to Bill here for his fantastic work on the campaign designs but that being said we are definitely very glad that the game is an enjoyable one... hope you get many, many more turns in sooner rather than later :)

Then kudos to Bill for his excellent work on the scenario design! And yes, I have been staying up past my bedtime to get some extra turns in... :P

It sounds great guys! I'm in Southeast Asia for another 2 weeks, but am looking forward to loading it up and playing it once I'm home. I'm sure by then some excellent plans will be developed and, who knows, maybe a patch will be out!?

Have fun!