Question about editor

• 3 weeks later...

I tried the editor for the first time and saved a campaign that I modified. When I load the campaign to play the game there are no scripts. When I attempt to access AI/Events in the editor none appear and sometimes the program stops responding when I click the Edit AI/Events links. Any advice?

I've tried a number of things to make the scripts available in the campaign I edited but they still fail to appear when I try to play the mod. I'm not computer savvy so the chance that I caused this is highly likely.

The scripts do appear to be in the campaign folder, both AI and Events. They are also in the templates. When I've tried to edit AI or Event scripts under the campaign tab in the editor the program stops responding.

For example: I clicked the edit AI scripts tab and my mouse arrow changed to an hourglass. In the bottom left corner of the screen the words, "Garrison (Verify)" appear with numbers counting up. Eventually the numbers reset at 0 but "Garrison (Verify)" remains and I must Ctrl-Alt-Delete. I've noticed that this happens even when I try to edit AI/Events of the default campaigns in the editor.

If anyone here has advice I sure could use it!

The one positive from the experience is that I am slowly learning how to navigate through the programs on my computer :)

Mr. Cater,

Thank you very much for the info and the quick response. I will try your advice as soon as I get home.

I wanted to get the game for many months and finally bought it near the end of December. It's all that I hoped for in a WWII game and more. Now it's almost my birthday and there's the new WWI game....what to do?...what to do? :)

By the way, one of the reasons I was excited about getting SCGC was the customer service. It says much when the game designer himself is available and willing to answer questions. Keep up the excellent work and thanks again!