IL-2: Cliffs of Dover gets a release date (aka SoW: BoB)

noxnoctum

• 2 weeks later...

Mainstream media outlet Gamespot panned it with a 4 outta 10. But interesting PC Games (Russia) gave it a 90 out of 100. Gotta be somewhat biased for their countrymen.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/il-2-sturmovik-cliffs-of-dover

Oh well, we'll see how long it takes them to patch it up to make it worth purchasing. Let's all say it together with huge amount of sarcasm, "Thank you Ubisoft!". :mad:

You shouldn't bash gamespot... they did give CMBB a very high rating (9.1), and CMBB is *definitely* more of a niche game than IL-2.

From what I've heard from the members of my IL-2 squadron (competitive, we play in a ~80 player metacampaign 3 times a week... all humans no AI) who bought it the game is not playable yet but is improving steadily with each patch. So 4/10 is probably completely fair.

Fine with me anyways... I don't mind waiting another year for it to get patched up to Sturmovik's level. They (squadron members) have said that the FM and DM are definitely FAR superior to IL-2 in every way. It's just a matter of Oleg working out all the kinks.

You shouldn't bash gamespot... they did give CMBB a very high rating (9.1), and CMBB is *definitely* more of a niche game than IL-2.

Huh, where am I bashing Gamespot? I gave them credit for justly panning a very buggy game. However PC Games (Russia) gave it a 90, two very opposite scores. Hmm, interesting the Russian reviewer is ahem, Russian, just like Maddox dev team. Can you connect the dots now? :D

I feel really bad for Oleg, Ubisoft seems to muck up things on a regular basis. :(

Yes, it does look like Ubi is making a hobby of eviscerating some of the renowned sim franchises - although at least SH5 was released in a better than "alpha" state.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/silent-hunter-v-battle-of-the-atlantic

Really disappointing to hear this about IL2, I've been looking forward to it since I picked up the first one a couple years ago. Oh well - at least I have time to save up for a new PC while they patch the game up to snuff.

Huh, where am I bashing Gamespot? I gave them credit for justly panning a very buggy game. However PC Games (Russia) gave it a 90, two very opposite scores. Hmm, interesting the Russian reviewer is ahem, Russian, just like Maddox dev team. Can you connect the dots now? :D

Alright my bad misunderstood you.