Why?

Here I go again, I truly hate to complain about this global game because most of it is pretty well done. Some ten years ago there was a computer game called Third Reich, it failed miserly because the AI was incompetent, terribly incompetent, the allies would be attacking Germany in 1945 and the German AI was still wandering around Romania or elsewhere and never coming to the aid of the Fatherland, and no one played the game anymore [no knowledgeable players anyway] here it is ten years later and I am attacking the Japanese homeland and guess what the Nippon AI is fighting a stupid battle against China far away and is giving no help to the Land of the rising sun, have the programmers learned nothing in ten years, I have said this before there must be a way for the computer to sense when units are need elsewhere or when they are terribly outgunned to withdraw to fight another day, guess not huh!:confused:

Bo

in real life, as well in any GC games ive played where im the allies invading japan, the japanses dont stand a chance of getting their massive army in china back to the home islands because of the massive naval superiority the americans have by the time they're ready to attack the home islands.

if i recall correctly, in real life the japanese had a million or more men stuck in china while the home islands were under threat of invasion. the japanese could of really used those men at home to repell the expected american attack. unfortunately they had no chance of getting them there because of american blockade.

i guess the ai should at least make the attempt, but if your a competent allied player, the attempt will be in vain.

Programming AI is incredibly difficult. For my mod I have gone through 4 games of SC2 to improve it and I still havent got it completely right. It is very difficult to program some things, make a marketable game, make a fast game, and then make money on it, while pleasing everyone.

So if you are not happy with the AI modify it. Thats what I did. I think my mod has a very competitive AI if you give it +.5 experience without overloading the board with extra units.

SC2 probably has the best AI possible out of any game out there because we the modders can program it.

This is a tough call because as patrat618 alludes to a good chunk, if not the bulk, of the Japanese army did historically stick around in China while Japan was nearing the end.

With that in mind this was exactly how I coded the AI as in most cases any attempt to bring back any men to the island would end in disaster due to the presence of Allied naval units but I can always add in these scripts to at least try if the conditions are favourable.

Either way and even if I do add in the scripts I would think that in most cases you will still not see any Japanese attempt to move land units back to the island as from almost every game I've seen the Allied navy would essentially block such a move... so in fairness it might not change a thing game play wise unless of course they start moving back much earlier which I am not sure is desirable either because too early might just be criticized as well.

What would be helpful would be to see some saved turns from when you think the AI should start retreating back to the island and I would be happy to take a look and make any possible adjustments on that, let me know!

still got 6 games going at once. Had 8 going for awhile (when we were playing)......way too many, has affected my play, don't have the energy for that many at once. Impossible to track enemy units & concentration. Plus, I wanted to try new strategies for fun since I've been rolling over everybody. This round is different, my risk taking might put more losses in for me.

I'm losing my Federer bet right now against the Serbian with power :( Only reason I'm up late. Gotta sleep, alot of stuff going on in my business world.

-Legend