It is being promoted that we can use the engine for both wars. How would one go about this? Do we have to wait for someone, or by myself, to mod this? Or is the game going to come packaged with the proper files. I do own most of the previous games of the series already, but I was just curious how one was to go about the transformation process between the two wars. I hope I am making sense :)

The game will come pre-packaged with at least the proper files and if we have time we will likely include at least one WWII campaign with the official release. If not then definitely by the first patch.

To generate a WWII campaign the only thing you will have to do is in the Editor flick the 'WWII Campaign' switch on so the campaign knows it should follow the previous WWII applicable rules and then after that it is just having the right files in place for a custom campaign including the appropriate localization file with WWII applicable unit names and so on.

As mentioned above, the needed files are already in place on our end so the process should be pretty smooth and straightforward.

In terms of the WWII campaign we are looking to include it will be based on the massive 384x102 WWI campaign map so it will be the largest and most detailed European Theater WWII campaign in the SC series to date :)

More on this to come... but I should also mention that there are also a few WWII mods that are already in the works and these should be ready for repository download around the time of release as well.

All in all, a great time to be a WWI and WWII gamer with the upcoming release :)

Hubert