Battlefront web links:scenario design manual

This is listed under "weblinks" at the Battlefront.com home page. It would be a great tool to people trying to build scenarios,and thus also a great tool to bring more customers in.

However, on clicking on any of the links there, all I receive is an error page

"Forbidden, access denied by access control list"

Why even put the link up, if you have a list of who is allowed to access it?

And why have a list allowing limited access, to a tool that would, if made available and advertised a bit,would probably be worth more sales of this game?

Well, it is not the repository I am trying to get into, it is the scenario design manual listed in the "links" under scenarios. Not a big issue, but the fact the manuals do not really go into much detail on scenario design, and then finding a link which promises to improve the detail,and then finding I cannot access the link, was just annoying haha.

The manual is helpful, and kudos to Major Gibson for creating it, but mainly to a beginner IMHO. It's more of a quick start guide with a basic example. It doesn't give too much in the way of detailed dos and don'ts.

Ahh, gotcha. I think the only issue I have had trouble with anyway has been the AI, and I am about there on that, got some groups to move,still trouble getting the convoy to go though, it did once,then I decided to try again to check something else,and the pixeltruppen decided to sit still again :-)

Not sure if it made it onto the repository.

No, the issue with the links are my “good friends“ at Apple who moved the goal posts on their web sharing setup (part of the improvements of “.mac” becoming “mobileme“ and then becoming “me.com”) and now most of the links don’t work (despite them saying “old stuff wont be broken, but new stuff needs to go here”). :(

I’m talking to George about it and we are trying to work out if we stick with just “re linking” the existing publication or re writing it and then reposting it so its more current.

I don’t think it would be possible to make it three publications in one though as the process in CM:SF, CM:A and CM:BN are all slightly different.

These discussions though aren’t helped by:

George currently being in Norway doing ice climbing “stuff”

My being in Brisbane helping with the floods (this post being made from a defence machine - a rare case of rank having its privileges).

When things “settle down” I’m sure we’ll come up with a solution.

Hey Gibson...good work you are doing...stay safe and tell the people you encounter that they are in our thoughts and we are routing for them in the US...

BTW...are you in croc country?...I didn't do any research into the area of the flooding but was wondering about that...would damn suck to be wading down an actual street and have one of those MFs sneak up on you.

Mord.

• 1 month later...

BTW...are you in croc country?...I didn't do any research into the area of the flooding but was wondering about that...would damn suck to be wading down an actual street and have one of those MFs sneak up on you.

Mord.

It is actually shark country: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/environment/weather/flood-shark-sightings-have-residents-on-edge-20110113-19ozp.html

If you are interested in the Brisbane flood, the Bribane City Council convinced NearMap to make high a resolution photo map of Bribane at the height of the flood (it's like Google Earth on steroids): http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-27.468907,153.025475&z=14&t=h

Stephen