Combat Mission x2 Effects mods/Image heavy

With the impending release of CM:BN I thought it was time I got the effects I have been poodeling around with for the last few years finished.

If anybody wants them message me with your email and I'll bung whatever you want over. If there's enough demand I'll get around to sending them to the repository.

I'll release them when CM:BN comes out anyway, along with a few others no doubt ;)

The effects are:

small arms muzzle flash

big guns muzle flash

all smoke

explosions

tracers

flames

Here are some pics. I won't bother labeling them as I'm sure they're pretty self explanatory.

explosion1.jpg

explosion2.jpg

flames1.jpg

Video:

muzzle2c.jpg

More...

The explosion was taken from a video (not a movie) of an airburst shell of some kind.

The muzzle flash is half new and half nicked from Crysis. I did create a 'realistic' rifle flash. It looked mostly like a puff of smoke. It looked great for the rifle but utter pants from an MG. So I compromised on the one I've used.

Uploaded to the repository now. Called: Combat Mission x2 Effects

• 1 year later...

Great!

Just to clarify, does this mean that the following files (from the CMBN repository) can be dropped into CMSF too?

Veins_smallarms_muzzleflash_CMBN_v1

Veins_flames_CMBN_v1

Veins_explosionsandsmoke_CMBN_v1

---

Oh, and now I realize that I already have a January 2011 mod called "Vein_Effects_All" in my CMSF installation. Are the above CMBN files better than this one?

Yes indeedy. As can my skies standalone mod.

I think they are tweaked versions which I would consider better. They are the latest versions at least. Try them out and decide for yourself. It's all a matter of taste really.

There's also a tracer mod which gets rid of the laser beams.