Where are all the community scenarios??

Just curious!!

I've been waiting to see more community made scenarios but it seems it's a bit slow. I love this incarnation of the game and really look forward to more. I wish I had the time to get into and make some myself and may just do that in the future but just can't right now with my other hobbies.

Is anyone working on stuff?? I've been waiting impatiently!!

I did enjoy Salang Pass but figure there HAS to be more in the pipeline! Bring em on!!!

I was in the process of making some scenarios a couple of months ago, but my wife has been in the hospital and I haven't had thetime.

CN, sorry to hear your wife is in the hospital.

I am also working on a Scenario and will post in a couple of weeks.

I wish CM:A would get some better support -

Exit Points

Trucks that can carry ammo and troops

Mountain background wallpaper fixed (seams)

etc...

I have made plenty of QB maps. People have full permission to use these to edit and make their own scenarios out of and release them, as long as they give me credit for the original map. I havent got the time nor the resources to make scenarios myself. Maps are enough for me as I always play QBs.

CN, yes, sorry about your wife!

But otherwise looking forward to all the coming offerings mentioned here!!

Berto, CN, Chops, Romm, all of you working on new stuff thanks!

I have to say that all the way back to CMBO designed scenarios have always been my favorite either for PBEM or against the AI.

Please, keep up the good work and know that some of us are out here waiting to see what you all create.

I got a few in the pipeline but I dunno if I can ever wrap them up. :D

One's a fictional small scen with Muj attacking a Soviet outpost of a platoon and 2x T55s guarding a bridge. Based on a outpost I saw in a video that a convoy passed.

The other is based around Operation Magistral and the relief of Khost, which I think Steel Panthers 2 had a couple of scenarios on. Lots of heavy fighting against seriously entrenched Muj and their nasty counterattacks. :D

I think making scenarios for CMA it's closer to russian gamers, BUT as always we have problems with patch localization and in Russia we have game version 1.0, and of course it bad. And because it so It isn't so interesting for russian gamers...

In theory you can open scenarios produced with the russian version. Right.

The only problem is the language, or versions are not compatible! Obviously speaking from 1.0 (russian) to 1.2 (battlefront).

I have made plenty of QB maps. People have full permission to use these to edit and make their own scenarios out of and release them, as long as they give me credit for the original map. I havent got the time nor the resources to make scenarios myself. Maps are enough for me as I always play QBs.

Why do not you upload your maps on repository? A little map-pack

Inspired by this thread I made some progress on the latter scenario, now going to titled "Christmas somewhere near Khost." An airborne unit has been lifted in during the previous night to capture a small village near the Gardez-Khost road. All attempts to relief these troops during the day have bogged down in the harsh terrain. A fresh Soviet armored unit is moved in for a final attempt before the night settles again.

I'm afraid that despite it's name it will be neither merry nor cheery. There's a deep blanket of snow, extreme cold and trench and gully after other full of dug-in and well armed Mujahideen near the border of Pakistan. Your armored column is ordered to push forward. Be prepared that many of your mahor will pay the highest price on this frozen ground.

I had this day off so I spent some hours doing some scenario building, Christmas Near Khost is ready for release as soon as the playtesting and briefing writing is done. :D

I had to revert from deep snow to light snow because half the vehicles get stuck in it. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Just to bump this thread, I have a scenario in the pipeline that should be a bit different from the usual fare. It is a tank heavy combined arms scenario with the Soviets attacking a DRA held airfield in 1980. Should be a refreshing change from fighting Ghosts all the time. :D

I was inspired by a TCP/IP quick battle against my friend with T-62s and T-55s duking it out.