Battle of Kursk - Movie

Quite long for a trailer. I feel like I saw most of the battle. Good replicas of Tiger Tanks, but a lot of what looked like T62's or T72's in the BG.

The problem with all the Russian spectaculars (as with that Finnish Film "Winter War") is that it's big on spectacular action, but low on dramatics - Hollywood does it better in that one gets to be more emotionally involved in the characters than with Russian epics (eg: Saving Private Ryan on the D-Day beaches).

But, impressive scenes of the Kursk attack with a cast of thousands.

Quite long for a trailer. I feel like I saw most of the battle. Good replicas of Tiger Tanks, but a lot of what looked like T62's or T72's in the BG.

Hardly a trailer. It is made of scenes taken from a 1968 Soviet film, it says it in the video.

Hmm... 1968, maybe they could have done an authentic 'liberation of Prague' film that year, too. :rolleyes:

Hollywood does it better in that one gets to be more emotionally involved in the characters

Yeah, like Pearl Harbor.

But do you seriously claim that the characters in SPR were interesting or deep? I've seen that film a few times and I only remember that one of them was named Private Brian or something...

Ok, I didn't notice the date. All Russian films look the same to me regardless of era lol.

Yes. Pearl Harbor sucked. There will always be bad movies.

But, SPR, Apocalypse Now etc... The only name I remember from SPR was Corporal Ryan. But, I cared much more about the characters in SPR as they were more fleshed out in terms of character and personality. I have NO idea about anyone in (almost any) Russian epic as they are all cyphers and don't act or look real. Winter War from Finland had the same problem. (10 points if you noticed deliberate error above.)