Raiders Report

More and more I am working with the Report feature of the game. But in this case I have an issue or question.

The second report "Raiders" shows the casualties of my own fleet I guess.

But as I recognize the total amount is on base of complete losses. If a sub is only damaged the worth isn't the same cause I could repair damaged sub or ships much cheaper.

Does the games Raiders report recognize the difference between losses and damages?

Hi Amadeus

I think the report you're looking at reports the losses to your convoys in MPPs due to enemy raiding. It doesn't show losses to your own raiders.

There is a report which shows MPP losses suffered by all your units, but it is not subdivided by type - though the actual table of destroyed units is.

Bill

The first Report in the list "Convoys" ist quite clear. No I am looking at the second one called "Raiders".

That is a report about ships, surface Fleet (grey line) and subs (blue line) isn't it?

My problem is that the mpp casualties that are shown only fit when the subs and ships are complete lost. If they are only damaged the amount is too high.

Same issue another report: "Strategic Bombing"

The "Enemy Bomber Losses" that are shown does't fit, too high.

My English is maybe not good enough I am not a native speaker, sorry.

The Strategic Bomber losses is correct, it is very expensive to bomb your opponent. I haven't looked at convoy too close, because I agree with you, it's too hard to read. I have been following all of these for quite a while, they are a very fascinating read and tell the story of the game being played. I will try to rectify what each shows, at least what I understand each to be when I have a moment. Hopefully our sharp witted game designer can come in and and clarify.

Amadeus,

To clarify, the losses charts reflect MPP losses based on the purchase costs and not the reinforcement costs.

So for example, if a unit costs 100 MPP and loses 1 strength point then it has lost 10 MPP and so on.

For the 'Raiders' screen, this shows your losses on the convoy lanes, i.e. it gives you an idea of how much it has cost you to essentially 'raid' your opponent's convoy routes.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Yes Hubert, that is the thing.

"the losses charts reflect MPP losses based on the purchase costs and not the reinforcement costs"

I still update the German manual and write about the reports as well. In a strict sense the losses are not correct because you don’t loose the mpps that are shown i. e. if I repair my Bomber I have halves costs. But the mpps I could bomb down are real. Maybe a new player want to know that.

That is no problem for me. I only wanna make it clear cause I explain it a bit more in the German manual than you did in the default English one. I am sorry ;)

Thank you Hubert, I am fine.

• 1 month later...

A small new issue about Reports. If a Major Power surrender the income and expenses do not change in the total amount but the graph will not change to zero. I recognize this "problem" in my German Fall Weiss. France surrender and the graph don't decrease as it should have to. Total worth is OK.