Question about this CMSF video

At 25:02 in this video the guy gives his vehicles a group order... when I do that in Marines they bunch up (all try to go to the same waypoint)... very irritating in RT mode. How'd he do that? Is it something to do with 1.30 patch?

I can't in recent or distant memory recall units given a group movement order converging on the same destination.

Well that's really weird... hang on while I fire up the game lol.

EDIT: Ah yes I was confused, it's not vehicles that do it, it's INFANTRY. It'd be great if this could be fixed, or maybe let you have an option, a key you can press when you issue a move order to make it so they maintain their dispersion. I can FRAPS a video if needed. Maybe everyone else isn't having this issue with infantry either :confused:. Perhaps a bug.

When you give an 'assault' command they will converge on th same point. You don't want one team to loiter outside a building you're assaulting. :)

For other commands, whenever my squad bunches up or does something I don't want them to do after reaching a waypoint its usually a terrain/facing issue. If you give them a 'face' command at the end waypoint you can usually get them to arrange themselves along that wall or ridgeline the way they ought.

When you give an 'assault' command they will converge on th same point. You don't want one team to loiter outside a building you're assaulting. :)

For other commands, whenever my squad bunches up or does something I don't want them to do after reaching a waypoint its usually a terrain/facing issue. If you give them a 'face' command at the end waypoint you can usually get them to arrange themselves along that wall or ridgeline the way they ought.

The issue is when you give a movement order to a selected group of units, not a single unit. In some cases (infantry apparently) if you start with a bunch of squads in a line at, say, 40 meter intervals and give a group move order due north, one squad will move due north, and the others will angle in to varying degrees leaving them all closer together than the original 40 meter spacing. It's nothing to do with the assault command (or any conceivable intended behaviour).

The issue is when you give a movement order to a selected group of units, not a single unit. In some cases (infantry apparently) if you start with a bunch of squads in a line at, say, 40 meter intervals and give a group move order due north, one squad will move due north, and the others will angle in to varying degrees leaving them all closer together than the original 40 meter spacing. It's nothing to do with the assault command (or any conceivable intended behaviour).

What he said.

Learn something new every day. Thx.