New discovery: firing ports

melm

I tested other IFV in CMA, and CMSF. They don't work like BMP-1D. And another problem is that if the soldiers in BMP-1D use up their ammo, they cannot reload using the ammo in the vehicle!

Has Battlefront ever concerned about the usage of the firing ports on IFV?

Is it the half-production on some models, or is it a bug?

If IFV can use the firing ports, that can be amazing.

post-31210-141867621839_thumb.jpg

post-31210-14186762184_thumb.jpg

post-31210-141867621841_thumb.jpg

If you check out the CMSF 1.30 patch features list that game now includes firing ports working on BMPs and BMDs too. Frankly, I wasn't aware firing ports were working in CMA! And I've spent a lot of time playing CMA. Might have something to do with my habit of unloading my troops before the vehicle gets blown up by a Carl Gustav round. :):D

Looks a little odd to me. Nice little feature, but the visuals are just off, i'm guessing because the guy needs to be fully stood up to fire in the game engine code and can't bend down slightly to be at the right height.

I did notice only one guy seems to fire (no idea how many firing ports there are on a BMP) and out of the 2 models i tried it only worked on the BMP-1D.

:) old news or not, the working fireports on the BMP's in CMA is news to me! I agree that we should have more documenation than we do, heck even a map with the game but Im being greedy! Ha! I keeping finding new layers and dimensions to this game. Its unbelievable. Fantastic Tactital game! Its replay value utterly stupendious. Like for example, Im about to go do a mission right now so I can try out those firing ports!

Well, the firing ports feature was experimental and added originally only to one BMP. Given everyone loved it in the first version of CM:A we decided to add it to the rest of vehicles. However to implement proper visual animations would require a lot more time and resources which would render this initiative a no-go :)

So we decided to have a reasonable compromise...

• 2 weeks later...