Error with unit/vehicle names

I ve just purchased the Marines/British forces bundle.

British and American units have WWII equipment names such as PZVA,STUG III/ etc.

I ve obtained the original CMSF game from gamersgate and then the patch to make it compatible by Battlefront.

Did i ve just download CMN and i dont know it???

Thanks in advance for ur help.

That is strange, and I think I've only heard of it once.

Your Paradox copy of CMSF needs to be patched to 1.10 (the Paradox 1.10 patch) BEFORE installing the Marines/British Forces module bundle. The bundle lacks all of the 1.10 patch files, so your installation needs to be at that level before installation of the modules.

If you've already installed the modules, then you will need to download and install the Paradox 1.10 patch linked to above and then REINSTALL the Marines/British Forces bundle. If you've already licensed the bundle, then it should still be licensed when you reinstall it.

Once you've installed the Marines/British Forces bundle, launch CMSF and check to see that it recognizes the modules (there will be the 'CMSF Stryker', a 'Marines LAV' and a 'British Challenger' icon in the lower left hand corner of the main menu). You should be at version 1.20 with these modules installed. Now download the 1.21 patch and make sure that you make a selection for 'Update CMSF + Marines + British modules' in the drop-down dialog box during the patch installation (this is NOT the default selection). If you don't do this, then the modules will 'disappear'. If this happens, then just reinstall the 1.21 patch and make sure to make the correct selection and it should resolve the problem.

So you patched your Gamersgate copy with 1.10 and then purchased the 1.21 Paradox/Battlefront patch and now you have installed the Marines/British Forces bundle and you get all of the WWII vehicle names ?

You may want to attempt to unlicense the Paradox/Battlefront 1.21 patch (just to preserve it) and then reinstall the 1.10 patch and then install the Marines/British Forces bundle. Just follow the instructions above and I believe it should resolve your problem.

I'm not sure what is corrupt in the install and why the WWII vehicle names are present. The vehicle names may be in the 1.21 patch and the Marines/British Forces bundle may have 'brought them out' in some manner.

Oh, I made a mistake above in the links. You will want the 'Gamersgate patch' for 1.10 and NOT the 'Paradox (retail) patch'.

heer witmann - When you launch CMSF do you see only the CMSF Army Stryker icon in the lower left hand corner of the main menu ? If so, then the executable you have installed doesn't support the Marines and British modules.

When you install the 1.21 patch make sure to change the drop-down dialog selection to "Update CMSF + Marines + British modules" in the installer. The default for this is just to update CMSF only. Run the 1.21 patch again and make the correct selection and I believe the Marines and British scenarios should be playable. You should see the Marines LAV and British Challenger icons in the lower left hand corner after correctly applying the patch.

Say should I just buy the new CM Shock Force 1.21 version to begin with... Shiatt.. I just got back from the freaking Sandbox.. and wanted to put the hurt on some unfreindlies.. but Windows 7 is kicking my Arse! I put in my old copy of Shock Force and it will not even install..

I want to purchase the entire collection... but looks like Windows 7 basically told me to go take a flying you know what.. Fracking Computers.. so finicky!

Any suggestions.. ???

Thanks and Semper Fi!

CMSF and its modules should work fine in Windows 7. Do you have problems with just installing the game itself or attempting to run it ?

With Windows Vista and Windows 7, you have to deal with UAC (User Account Control) which is an additional security feature of those OSes. Your 'Computer Administrator' account is NOT a true 'administrator' of the computer. In order to have that you need to right-click on the executables (the installers and games) and select "Run as administrator" from the popup menu. This addresses some of the things that UAC does.

Another thing to watch out for may be the security software that you're using. Some of these programs will block a number of things from happening and not give you much feedback as to what is happening. It may be necessary to temporarily disable some of these programs, turn off certain features or even uninstall some of them.