New Mod: Mord's Realistic Afghanistan Unit Portraits

Mord

Unit portrait mod will be up soon on the Repository...

mordunitportraits.jpg

Believe it or not this took a lot of hours...hope you guys dig it.

I'll be updating it as the game is patched and I find more pics...

Let me know if you can get the soviet infantry to show...I couldn't find a unit that actually uses this portrait.

Mord.

P.S. Can get it here too...at Greenasjade's...

http://cmsfmods.greenasjade.net/

That was intended to be my next project, but this time you where faster.

Looks perfect, couldn't have done it better. Very well done.

LOL. Seems we are sharing a brain or something. And something told me someone was gonna make one.

I have a couple more in mind...one I've been messing with, which I set aside, to finish this one, plus the uniform one we were discussing earlier.

Thank you very much. Glad you like it...hopefully it be up on the Repo soon...I just re-uploaded it...seems like it doesn't work right for Afghanistan Mods. I originally uploaded it when I made this thread which was 8:30ish ET.

Mord.

• 10 years later...
3 hours ago, 37mm said:

Do you happen to still have the @Mord?

No. Sorry, I don't see them anywhere. But trust me, you don't want them. They are complete crap. They were the second portrait mod I ever made and absolutely horrible looking. They weren't even on par with the Normandy or FB portraits that are still on Greenasjade's. It's not being hard on myself either, they were objectively bad. LOL.

Mord.

On 6/2/2021 at 7:33 AM, 37mm said:

Do you happen to still have the @Mord?

Hey, I do have them! The one friggin' place I didn't look for them was in my actual A-Stan install because I forgot it was there. This is what they look like:

XiHkxKW.jpg 

You will absolutely not insult me or hurt my ego if you don't want them after seeing the pic! They look like crap. I wish I had made a template back then though, I could fix them up real nice now.

Mord.

3 hours ago, Mord said:

You will absolutely not insult me or hurt my ego if you don't want them after seeing the pic!

Actually I was already thinking of combining your original CMSF portraits with @xacto's chaos UI to give a unique look for the CMSF2-Afghanistan UI... the first experiments seem to work quite well.

These CMA portraits will definately help for some of the red forces... plus it's a style that looks fairly easy to replicate so I should then be able to create some ANA portraits in the same style (assuming you haven't already made something vaguely suitable in the CMSF portrait pack).

I want them.