CMA - Tip of the Day!

bodkin

Today's tip of the day is that you can use most CMSF mods in CMA.

Well as long as they are relevant, so you can use any of the effects mods from CMSF like

flames, explosions, smoke, tracers, etc without a problem just drop them in a Z folder.

Sound mods also work fine, so any sound mods with Syrian weapons will work ok in CMA, it will just ignore any irrelevant sounds from the Brits or US.

I'm going to make a transparent/subtle icons mod but it wont happen until next week when I get a day off.

Just hoping Scipio buys this game so he makes a mod to replace the green fluro weapon icons.

Yeah, I already went through and modded the sounds the night I got the demo. Haven't checked the full game yet but as far as I could tell, and I may be wrong, there were a couple new weapon sounds with the demo.

Funny you said that, I was thinking about Scipio doing another of his "must have" weapon icon mods, myself

Mord.

P.S. I am working on some stuff myself so stay tuned.

I don't have any of my books here so none of those facts should be taken as gospel, I am probably talking complete rubbish. Anyhow...

They did make up a higher proportion than usual for a number of reasons:

1. "Central Asians would like Central Asians"

2. Lower readiness units from nearby military districts were used for the invasion and later. These had a higher proportion of 'less reliable' central Asians

3. Many of the ethnic Russians were better educated and so knew how to 'play the system' and get out of fighting in Afghanistan.

They were never the majority though, maybe 30%.

I am happy to stand corrected if someone can throw some actual facts my way!