The Peng Challenge Thread's Got Talent!

Well I finally got a turn from dalem ... of course he's already whining and crying about the scenario.

Mind you I think he's taking it a bit too far. Suggesting that a given scenario is unbalanced and unrealistic is one thing, but to say that he thinks it's a rune scenario ... that's just not right.

Joe

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we stop talking about dalem, and discuss something really imnportant.

I suggest a debate on the merits of using humane mousetraps versus the ones that break the little bugger's necks.

Who wants to start?

I think we need a demonstration to really make a decision ... what say you start the ball rolling by building a man sized demo of the broke neck version, test it on yourself and report back.

Joe

I think we need a demonstration to really make a decision ... what say you start the ball rolling by building a man sized demo of the broke neck version, test it on yourself and report back.

Joe

How silly, we all know if I did something like that, I would not be able to report back.

If you can't be serious about this, please refrain from joining in.

How silly, we all know if I did something like that, I would not be able to report back.

If you can't be serious about this, please refrain from joining in.

No, no, this is an important subject and I owe it to my fellow CessPudlians to weigh in and provide the benefit of my considerable wisdom.

Hmmmm, okay then let's go with plan B, build a man sized replica of the NON fatal version, climb in WITH your cellphone, let it slam shut and then call us and report in.

Of course it will be necessary for you to stay there for a couple of weeks to get the full effect but we'll wait as long as necessary for your report.

Joe

No, no, this is an important subject and I owe it to my fellow CessPudlians to weigh in and provide the benefit of my considerable wisdom.

Hmmmm, okay then let's go with plan B, build a man sized replica of the NON fatal version, climb in WITH your cellphone, let it slam shut and then call us and report in.

Of course it will be necessary for you to stay there for a couple of weeks to get the full effect but we'll wait as long as necessary for your report.

Joe

Now that's more like it Joe . Why don't you give me your home phone number so I can call you with regular updates.

Wait, who is going to let me out after the test is over?

Don't worry about it. We'll ask for volunteers.
Right, right, right, by all means ask for volunteers first, give it some time to be sure everyone sees the announcement and then pick the most qualified ... of course they'll need to be relatively local to Noo Yawk so they can get there quickly ... and we'll want someone handy in case Nidan1 did too good a job putting it together ... and someone compassionate enough to comfort the survi ... uh ... someone who's local I meant, but I said that already.

Joe

When I play 'Dominions 3', as I create them I'm allowed to rename my various Generals, Mages, Priests, Psychotic Bloodlords, Undead Horrors, etc.

Generally, rather than go with the game generated names, I take the time and effort to name them after the folk here on the Peng Challenge Thread. So, in the game, I'm playing with characters with such names as 'Berli the Evil One', Shaw Justicar, Boo Radley Henchman, Peng Eviltongue, Emrys Bitterlord, Lars Ironhead, Stuka Lackwit, Mace Drunklord, Nidan Dogsoldier, etc, etc.

Dalem is usually my prophet.

It helps personalize them, and keep track of who is where in the game.

And, of course, there's that delightful little frisson when one of them gets whacked in a battle.

When I play 'Dominions 3', as I create them I'm allowed to rename my various Generals, Mages, Priests, Psychotic Bloodlords, Undead Horrors, etc.

Generally, rather than go with the game generated names, I take the time and effort to name them after the folk here on the Peng Challenge Thread. So, in the game, I'm playing with characters with such names as 'Berli the Evil One', Shaw Justicar, Boo Radley Henchman, Peng Eviltongue, Emrys Bitterlord, Lars Ironhead, Stuka Lackwit, Mace Drunklord, Nidan Dogsoldier, etc, etc.

And, of course, there's that delightful little frisson when one of them gets whacked in a battle.

Do you giggle to yourself a lot while you're doing this? Do you cover your mouth with your front paws and rock back and forth in glee?

I take great comfort in this. If you started acting normally, I would feel as if the universe had betrayed me.

So, as long as you remain a daft, hooting gibbon, I'll know that everything's okay.

I could not care less about your generals names but, man, you must really suck at Dominions III. Everyone knows that Horrors are not Undead. Further, you can not rename Horrors as they are not recruitable, unlike Undead leaders. Geez.

Either that or you just forgot to type a comma in there... nah, you suck at Dominions III.

And from an SSN, to boot. The horror, the horror...

Michael

Honestly Michael, if you can't pay attention then you'll be asked to forgo posting until you can.

Just because the SSN mentioned not putting in a comma doesn't mean that you have to sprinkle them willy nilly throughout your post ... of COURSE SSNs are meant to be booted ... I would think that would go without saying.

However, I see no horror in the prospect ... frankly I rather enjoy booting them.

Joe