The Peng Challenge Thread's Got Talent!

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have returned ...

a_927.jpg

...miscreants will sleep poorly...

Ran out of sleeping pills again, Joe? And the booze wasn't enough to quell that restless, uneasy feeling that you had really screwed up somewhere in your past? Those empty, lonely nights in dingy motel rooms on the road starting to get to you? Well, now you can relax with empty, lonely nights in the dingy rooms of your own home. Aren't you glad?

Michael

Oh, and Michael, after sitting and perusing your ever growing signature of achievement, I just want to go on record as saying:

"Emrys is wrong. Wrong like an Appalachian 'After School Special' which involves learning how to kiss from your sister. Wrong like putting the mayonnaise out in the sun for 4 hours so it can soak up vitamin D, to make it more nutritional and healthful. Wrong like drinking shampoo in order to get your hair clean. Wrong like voting for a candidate that promises you an 'economic system' based on the idea that when the rich have had their fill, you'll be allowed to eat the scraps off the floor while they piss on your head (hence, 'trickle down'). Wrong like everything to do with the concept of a 'Reality TV Celebrity'. Wrong like a romantic comedy based on the life of Idi Amin. Wrong.

I just want that to be on record. It doesn't matter what it's in reference to. I think it's just important to say it, occasionally.

I, dalem, of House Persiflage, Lord High Hullabalooster, Lord of Pants, and Olde One Extraordinnaire, hereby claim one Yeknodathon, Supreme HonkyDonkey, as my Versificationwan Learner.

I do prophesize that he is the Honky One who can bring balance to the Versification.

So it is written, so it is done.

Apparently the rum is all gone, and we're now mixing coca-cola with the cleaning fluids under the sink, eh, Dalem?

Can't be discarded, must be played.

Don't tell Seanachai.

You know, I've never had to actually shout at you for 15 minutes to get you to accept reality.

Good gods, man. Do you realize you were arguing on the basis that 'cards are something you can hold in your hand?'

You were 2 minutes away from telling us all that 'shoes could be discarded at the end of a turn, because they were hard to hold in your hand, and, in any case, were meant to go on your feet.'

When the hell did YOU grow up???

Well, I've mainly grown 'out'. But I've certainly gotten older, and, when I was younger, there was certainly a gain in height.

Also, I've become incredibly wise. I can competently deal with sticks, goats, questions about squirrels, and you incredible shower of fools.

The other night I was watching TV with my friend, Smaller Nora. A moth fluttered by, and she flinched away from it. I told her: 'That's just a moth, Nora Nu.'

She told me 'I do not like moths'. I said 'Oh, moths aren't bad. They're like butterflies, but not as cute'.

She sat silently for a minute or so, eyes on the TV, and then in a serious, small girl voice said 'Moths suck all the blood out of your body'.

...?

I looked at her in horror. "My gods, Nora, what a terrifying world you live in. Moths do not do that. We have to have a talk about where you're getting your Natural History from."

I mean, there are moths everywhere. How could the little bugger even go to sleep at night, thinking that? No wonder she can always find a stick...

The year was 1778 - I wish I was in Sherbrooke now...

By the by and heretofore your turn has been sent ...

And, of course, Stuka has yet to respond to my last turn ... it's been quite a while now so of course I have visions of planes falling from the sky or taipans striking from the foliage ... sometime's it's common browns that strike ... I'd even settle for a platypus envenomation, they're supposed to be very painful and that would be a pleasant outcome.

But I'm sure that this vision, like the dream of my winning the lottery, will be dashed and he'll send yet another in a long, LONG series of incompetent turns.

Joe

Well, I've mainly grown 'out'. But I've certainly gotten older, and, when I was younger, there was certainly a gain in height.

Also, I've become incredibly wise. I can competently deal with sticks, goats, questions about squirrels, and you incredible shower of fools.

The other night I was watching TV with my friend, Smaller Nora. A moth fluttered by, and she flinched away from it. I told her: 'That's just a moth, Nora Nu.'

She told me 'I do not like moths'. I said 'Oh, moths aren't bad. They're like butterflies, but not as cute'.

She sat silently for a minute or so, eyes on the TV, and then in a serious, small girl voice said 'Moths suck all the blood out of your body'.

...?

I looked at her in horror. "My gods, Nora, what a terrifying world you live in. Moths do not do that. We have to have a talk about where you're getting your Natural History from."

I mean, there are moths everywhere. How could the little bugger even go to sleep at night, thinking that? No wonder she can always find a stick...

But Ãœbergnome, she is correct. Moths do suck all the blood out of your body. They especially like little Gnomes!

I AM RETURNED FROM LANDS AFAR LIKE ODYSSEUS AFTER THE FALL OF TROY!

The light of Stuka is upon you little cesslings, you may rejoice in your salvation and dance merrily around the maypole in celebration!!

I am also sober...it has been 24 hours since my last drink...hence, my level of superior CM play will rise to levels previously unimaginable to the red-headed step children I most usually pummle with invariant ease.