Dismounting Heavy Weapons

Erwin

In a similar vein:

When I dismount from a TOW Humvee my team has three missiles to fire and three remain in the vehicle. After firing all it´s missiles I am unable to reload through any means. You can´t acquire the remaining TOWS, entering and leaving the vehicle doesn´t change anything. (I´m not even sure the the remaining missiles can be used from the vehicle.)

I had this situation in a PBEM game, anybody else noticed this?

By the way, anybody else notice the ease of which the crew dismounts the HW right after the vehicle gets KOed? It seems it doesn't matter what hits it, whether it be a direct hit from 150mm Kornet or multiple 30mm hits. Also noticed this instant dismount from burning vehicles too.

It just doesn't seem right for the surviving crew to dismount with HW in hand so rapidly. Now this doesn't happen all the time, but seems too often.

By the way, anybody else notice the ease of which the crew dismounts the HW right after the vehicle gets KOed? It seems it doesn't matter what hits it, whether it be a direct hit from 150mm Kornet or multiple 30mm hits. Also noticed this instant dismount from burning vehicles too.

It just doesn't seem right for the surviving crew to dismount with HW in hand so rapidly. Now this doesn't happen all the time, but seems too often.

Yeah I hate that too. I think it only gets left behind if the weapon is destroyed, and I think its a symptom of the above situation where only a HW team can but also must take its weapon with it.

or somefink.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn... So many threads about this :-) Post it here too...

US lite battalion have mobile groups of heavy weapons on HUMMERs, like a Brits too (on Land-rovers WMIK), and bout crews can dismount and Take with itself heavy weapon. But british and US crews have one BIG difference to scenario designers! British Fire support group can be dismount in editor, and use like footage troops (without automobiles), but US fire support group can't be dismount in editor (only by player in game) and because it so There is no possibility to do some interesting infantry scenarios with US infantry and heavy weapons support (like base defense or fight in mountings).

By the way USMC also have mobile support groups on HUMMWE and they can be dismounting in editor.

So also I don't understand, why not syrian Pickups crews can't dismount their weapons.

The simple answer is... weapons can be dismounted if the crews in the vehicles are designed to fight dismounted. In other words, they are dedicated weapons crews. You can easily identify such crews by their floating icons or by selecting the crews themselves. If a 40mm AGL team is riding in a Humvee with a 40mm AGL, then dismounting will take the weapon with it. Nobody else can dismount the weapon.

Steve

Also I can say, that blue AI have some more problems this it, than red AI. For example US mechanized infantry don't use Javelins it self, AI can't take Jav's from vehicles. Of course I understand, that CMSF it's game for western players, and some Blue AI mistakes don't matter, because player will play as blue. But I (this my friend Alek) when try to do a red VS blue campaign found some badly moments.