Assaults,Campaigns,and Friendly fire Oh my.

Hello,quick question on Assault.Do you need to order a squad to assault each individual floor of a building or can you order them to assault the roof and they will clear each floor on thier way up to the roof on thier own without further input from me.

Also,where do saved games from my campaigns go.I have a saved game folder,but it is empty for some weird reason,even though I have been saving all my campaigns as I play them.

One more question,how does friendly fire work,does friendly fire happen with small arms and armor fire,or is it Artillery and CAS only,thanks.

You have to order troops to stop on any given floor, or they will go all the way to the roof up the "stairs". Target orders are a separate issue, and there are numerous threads about good ways to clear buildings. (For instance, the sticky thread at the top of this page.)

Save games in Vista/Win7 do not save to the program files folder, they are put in a virtual save directory. There are numerous threads about this issue too. http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=92483

Friendly fire does not occur for small arms and hand grenades. I think infantry rocket and grenade launchers are the smallest weapons that cause friendly casualties, and any HE bigger than that does too, tanks arty etc. Beware the marines AGL, they can fire half a dozen rounds into your own guys before you even notice.

Thank you for the response,I still have no idea where my saved games went.I am using Windows Vista and I have looked all over for them,they are in limbo somewhere.I just learned the hard way that an F-18 can also cause friendly fire.I forgot I ordered an Airstrike on a building and I sent in a squad to Assualt it.The squad took the building with only one casualty,The F-18 took out the rest of the squad.:o

HMGs, such as the M2HB and Dshk, can also inflict friendly casualties as there is a little "splash" or secondary damage from those rounds impacting. Usually it doesn't do more than cause "yellow" injury to friendly troops, but it also causes suppression, which is the more deadly consequence if your troops are in a hairy situation!

Re lost saved games: I dunno if this is the same in Vista, but in Win 7 you need to first change your view options so you can see hidden files and folders. Then look in VirtualStore>Program Files (x86)>Battlefront>Combat Mission Shock Force>Game Files>Saved Games