New Syrian Toys: Su-25?

sdp

Its because the air support has been ported over from the Afghanistan module.

Moon or somebody said they put air support in for Red vs Red scenarios, nothing to do with simulated-historical realism. In similar spirit to the T90s they gave us, I guess.

Edit to add: akd beat me to it by 2 minutes.

Honestly, how much difference does it really make? Since airframes are not actually shown graphically, and low-level attack isn't really modeled in CMSF, I think the more important question is what ordnance loadouts will be included. To be sure, there is some difference between what can be carried on the two airframes, but they're both capable of carrying a broad range of gravity bombs, guided and unguided rockets, etc.

Honestly, how much difference does it really make?

yeah wouldn't it be great if we could get different sounds of the aircraft as they zip around... no wait, they sound pretty much the same don't they? Perhaps the Soviet aircraft sounds will also be ported over (if they are different).

SDP:

...exactly my point :-)

Was it? An unexpressed point maybe. I thought you were commenting on the existence of the Su-25 in a game about Syria even though Syria doesn't operate them, not about ordinance at all.

No big deal, a minor point in a minor thread.