Can't Install Patch 1.01!!

aleader

What patch are you installing ? You should be installing the BTS patch, which to my knowledge, doesn't actually check for the presence of the game executable or any other files. It might give some errors if you point the installation/extraction to a directory that doesn't have CMBB's folder/directory structure since it may not create the necessary directories on the fly, but it may not have a problem with this.

In my case I renamed my original executable (the v. 1.0) and then ran the patch. CMBB was installed in the default directory in this case (C:\PROGRAM FILES\CMBB for the PC) and everything worked fine. I didn't even delete the Prefs file, but kept the original one and that worked too.

[ November 22, 2002, 05:40 AM: Message edited by: Schrullenhaft ]

I'm having the same problem: I installed Cm:BB to "D" not "C" and can't run the patch from anywhere, even from within CMBB directory, without getting the "game not installed" error. I renamed the original exe and still nothing. Yes, CMBB does show up in the start menu.

I have a North American version of CM:BB and dl'd the regular flavour patch from www.avault.com

called "cmbb_v1_01_patch.exe" and it shows up as 64.9M in properties.

Does the cdv patch have a different name?