So what's next for TOW?

Anyone care to speculate where TOW will go next? Will it be an update to the existing TOW2 or is it likely to be TOW3 with many new features?

Having purchased both TOW2 and the Kursk campaign at the same time I can see where the improvements have been made in-between 'modules' as such, and they're pretty good. There appears to be quite a lot of scope. But the realism/authenticity aspect needs to be addressed in my honest opinion for future titles more than anything else.

They have TOW: Korea in development and is to be released in the 4th qrtr. Has lot's of new neat features including helicopters. If the helicopters work out then I can see them doing Vietnam. 1C has a Men of War series Vietnam in development so TOW Nam could be next after Korea.

Hmm interesting. I can't imagine how they would do a 'Nam game with all jungle and such like - but I can see the potential in 50's Korea. I was expecting a winter war Eastern front WWII campaign or something more along those lines, or Stalingrad, which would lend itself quite well to the existing engine providing they could manage several storey buildings of course. But maybe that isn't unique enough.

Interesting. Korea. Light Tank involvement. Heavy on the infantry side. Historically. I could see Vietnam come next. But very asymetrical. Sure NVA PT 76 tanks, but battling infantry with LAW rockets. Helicopters in Korea were just transports. I like the the change and it could work.

Seems every WW2 game franchise misses an Italy Campaign. Never done. Don't know why? Lots of allied formations. US army, Anglo, Canadians. Some exotics Morroco colonial troops. Germans Had Gebirgs, FJ, LW, Heer. And intact tank companies, panthers, stugs used in attacks and defence to the same scale as this game. Various fronts, Canadian Adriatic push, US anzio invasion, Anglo Gustav assault. Could include greece, crete, yugoslavia as an entire duration medriatic conflict.

i couldnt agree more redjac,

im jus very curious to know how much more content etc will be put in in2 tow2:kursk, its very good but there sstill so much more stuff it needs, bigger maps, buildings with multiple storys etc but maybe this is something that we, realistically need to wait 4 processors to become more powerfull

Italian campaign was featured in 'Combat Mission Africa Korps' and you could design your own scenarios and quick battles based around Italian OOB. But I tend to agree with you Redjac, would make an interesting TOW.

:o:o Was a fan of CMBB but skipped CMAK. Played the demo and found the terrain graphic art somewhat dated. Didn't realize the italian boot was part of that game otherwise would have picked it up.

Change my mind and vote for Italy too, CMAK was great in its day but this franchise has moved the genre way ahead so a bit of duplication of theater does not matter. As far as changing game details, only the wild inaccuracy of German gunnery really bothers me. That combined with a Russian AT gun hitting a tank moving at speed obliquely across its front 1000 meters away, one, two, three, your'e out :)

:o:o Was a fan of CMBB but skipped CMAK. Played the demo and found the terrain graphic art somewhat dated. Didn't realize the italian boot was part of that game otherwise would have picked it up.

Oh man that's such a shame!! I know that it is dated now but god it is still excellent. It even fixed a number of problems that were in CMBB and added new features obviously. Looking forward to CMN very much! :)