Does SC: Global Conflict come with hardcopy manual?

Old poster with a new ID here... I'm curious if SC:GC comes with a manual or is it PDF only if you purchase the physical shipment option. I can't find it anywhere on the product page. Thanks!

We're nearly out of print. Officially, we're out already, but US customers will still get a few manuals, our European warehouse is out already.

The info is shown (among other places) on this page (look to the right, next to the box image):

http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&Itemid=26&category_id=31&product_id=231

Don't have a printer? What's so hard with mailing the pdf to kinkos or something and let them print it. It's probably cheaper.

Cheaper than what? Buying the physical copy? I'm against digital download games, and prefer physical copies with manuals. It has nothing to do with the difficulty of sending a PDF file to Kinkos.

We're nearly out of print. Officially, we're out already, but US customers will still get a few manuals, our European warehouse is out already.

Does this mean GC is already a success for battlefront? How many games are sold? Or is this a secret?

Cheaper than what? Buying the physical copy? I'm against digital download games, and prefer physical copies with manuals. It has nothing to do with the difficulty of sending a PDF file to Kinkos.

Uhh ...yeah. You're against digital downloads? Okay. Have battlefront mail the pdf to kinkos if you don't trust them with a file. Solutions abound. That's not enough for you? I get it. You work for the paper company. While you're at it, see if they'll make you a boardgame version.

I'd rather have it printed and bound myself as the manual published by Battlefront has a few large mistakes in it as pointed out by the review at Armchair General.

Just to clarify they were relatively minor errors, i.e. a few instructions in the tutorial that were reversed, and I don't think that is too bad out of an approximately 200 page manual ;)

Just to clarify they were relatively minor errors, i.e. a few instructions in the tutorial that were reversed, and I don't think that is too bad out of an approximately 200 page manual ;)

Ah, I got the impression from the AG review that the issues were pretty severe. Looks like I just misread it.

But, hey, in spite of that, I still bought the game without even bothering with the demo first because of that review so it's all good.

Hi Akiva,

No problem at all and I just re-read that section of the review and you are right, it does make it sound much worse that it actually was when the only correction, based on the review, was to page 89 and a slight reorganization of 2 paragraphs.

Either way glad to hear you purchased the game :)

Hubert

Not a problem! I've been playing the heck out of it when I get free time. AG's review is spot on: it's a fantastic game and is now my default go-to when I want to push cardboard digitally so to speak.

Uhh ...yeah. You're against digital downloads? Okay. Have battlefront mail the pdf to kinkos if you don't trust them with a file. Solutions abound. That's not enough for you? I get it. You work for the paper company. While you're at it, see if they'll make you a boardgame version.

What's you're problem huh? I've always enjoyed having the physical manual. Get off your high horse. Honestly I don't understand why the moderators tolerate people like you. I come here to get ask a question about a product I'm thinking of buying, and I get a dickhead response like this one. Kudos. I'll take my leave now and go hang out in the Wargamer forums where I'm a little more respected.

What's you're problem huh? I've always enjoyed having the physical manual. Get off your high horse. Honestly I don't understand why the moderators tolerate people like you. I come here to get ask a question about a product I'm thinking of buying, and I get a dickhead response like this one. Kudos. I'll take my leave now and go hang out in the Wargamer forums where I'm a little more respected.

You're against digital downloads and I'm against any needless waste of paper. Though not against you wanting or having a hard copy. Battlefront is in the business of selling games, so I'm sure something will be done to accommodate you. My intention was to save you time and money by getting an equivalent quality hard copy printed yourself.