Update to Hubert on How I'm Enjoying Your Product

Hi Hubert,

I truly enjoy this game (maybe too much, gotta care for wife and kids and all. Don't want them to get jelous). I have been playing the 1939 World at War Scenario as the Axis. I modded this to a variation scenario giving the Axis up until 1950 to win and fixed gave a small chunk of Ireland to the UK so that the Belfast port can be taken.:)

I love how I can mod this game and control scripts. Playing the Axis the first time around I felt like the defaults made it impossible for the Axis to win. Yet, then again, maybe I'm just lousy at playing the game.:confused:

You can really make this game as easy or as difficult as you like. Perhaps, I made the scenario I'm playing now too easy for the Axis. I don't fell like the U.S. or USSR would have preempted the war with the Axis so I shut down their belligerance. Now, Sealion was a success and China is all but done in for. Now were building up for a joint U.S. invasion. Japan from the East and Germany from the West.

It's very interesting and I can't wait to post some of the new scripts I'll write after I finish this scenario.

Question. I noticed that mods to the map don't effect scenario's in play. Is it possible to open a saved game file and mod the save? If so, how?

Thanks for a wonderful toy.

Geofighter:)

Glad you enjoy playing a true world war! I would like to stress to everyone reading this that Geofighter's enjoyment of the game in no way mean he is a goose stepping nazi. So GeoF, keep playing and if someone says you are a nazi I will be there to point out that this is just a game.

Also if someone thinks Geofighters name is weird, that does'nt mean he is a necrophile.

>>> keeping the forum sane. Doing my job.

Hey Geofighter,

Very glad to hear you are enjoying the game and nice to see the Editor has been a nice tool for you as well :)

Unfortunately you are correct, once a game is in play any campaign changes do not go into effect and for modding a save, this is also not possible and mostly due to maintain multiplayer integrity etc.

Hubert

Hubert,

I have played all of the SC2 games and I am particularly enjoying Global Conflict!

I have a suggestion. When a campaign is completed the "Allied Major Victory" note is just not very satisfying. Could you incorporate some form of promotion or medal system when a game is completed. The old game of Panzer General II had a campaign completion screen with medals, points, victories and casualty reports.

This would be really satisfying for those of us who play against the AI!

Hi Chargin Smith!

Hubert included this (at least to a point) already into the game.

You can watch some of these information if you click on the "reports" button on the right side menu bar.

In the report click on the "losses" button.

And than enjoy yourself with a click on the "details" and "convoys/mpp" buttons.

This should help to fill the emptyness after your game has ended.

This and maybe another game of Global Conquest.

:D

This is already much more than we could find in any other SC release before Global Conquest.

But of course, as everyone else, i would always welcome even more glitter and (high)scoretables, a miltary rank (like in Pirates or Civilization), a lovely tune, a dia-show of me taking the crown as Emperor of the world, a gravyard-map where the places of all sunk or destroyed units are marked, you name it.

As for now, i'm very pleased that Hubert has included the detailed losses informations into the game.

My favorite would be to tally up points for elimination of enemy units, cities and objectives taken, and moving up "ranks" as the game goes on. At the end, a final score or rank to finish with, yes similar to XW's example of Civ, or Talonsoft's old East Front/West Front. :cool: