Activating game with off licencese

Hi all

Last weekend I tried to activate SC GC in my old computer I have in my mother's in law village. I have no internet access there and I have done offline activation before with PDE without any problems.

I took with me the original cd in which I had written the e-license, the game installed correctly but when I tried to get the off licence activation it got hung up, no response. I thought I might have miswritten the elicense on the disc but I checked it out when I came back home and it was alright, besides I didn't get any warning like "wrong elicense number" or similar.

Thing is I couldn't generate the file to activate the game back home.

Next thing I'm going to try is to reinstall the game with the downloaded file instead of with the cd and see if I can get the file to activate it later on my home's pc. If that doesn't work I don't know what can I do except from bringing my computer back to Madrid and activate the 2nd license online.

Burden here is that I go there once every fornight.

Has there been any reports having trouble activating the game offline?

There are no known problems in activating offline. It's just important to follow the steps precisely. Most of the issues people have from time to time is with e.g. not copying the license request correctly. For example, you generate the license request file ON THE PC YOU WANT TO PLAY. When you say:

Thing is I couldn't generate the file to activate the game back home.

then this doesn't sound right.

Martin

:D Bet you had a good laugh

Sorry I got mixed up while writing the post, fingers sometimes don't write what you're thinking

Now let's see if I make myself clear:

Where I couldn't generate the offlicense file is in the village pc, which I need to bring home to activate and then take back.

In my own house I have the first license activated online.

I think this is it.

Thanks, Rafael

I am not sure what you mean with "couldn't generate the offlicense file". There is nothing on our end which would prevent that, since it's essentially just a text file. However, make sure that you are launching the game with full administrator privileges (Right click-> Properties -> Run as admin). This is required for the first launch and while it normally shouldn't prevent the offline license generation, who knows... PCs these days have all sorts of insane overprotection that may prevent anything...

For further support, I would suggest to use the www.battlefront.com/helpdesk by the way.

Martin, these are the steps I followed:

1. Launch SC GC

2. I enter the elicense number

3. Press the "Get off License" button

4. Press the "Save License Request to File" button

This should create a file that I have to take to a pc with internet access. My issue is that this file is never generated, the application gets hung up.

I'm trying right now to get the game activated with the off line method and I get the same problem. I have internet conection since I'm in Madrid , I have also tried as an Administrator to no avail. The text file whose content is to be copied is not being created.

So if you say there isn't any issue with activating the game off line, I'll bring my old pc from the village to activate online. I don't see any other way, but maybe you could check it yourself if it's not too much trouble.

Thanks for your help and time.

Ok, I have tried with W&W and once you press "Save License Request to File" a new window pops up asking where you want to save it and what name you want to give it, OfflineLicenseRequest by deffault.

In SC GC I'm not getting this new window, so I can't save the txt.

Rafael

Martin, the whole point is that I don't get any "text" at all to be saved, so I can't copy/paste to any doc or txt document, I know the process I'm just saying that with SC GC I'm not getting that huge amount of letters numbers to be saved and then be taken to another pc with internet access and continue with the process, that I got with the previous SC games. It just hangs up, I can post a screenshot of the problem later when I get off from work, but it won't add much info.

To me offline activation is broken, don't know why, I tried in two different pc with same results. Maybe you should try activating the game offline, if it works to you then I have nothing else to say but if not you then we have a bug to fix.

As you said pc do weird things from time to time, and I'm running the game in my new pc, just didn't want to bring the old one home to activate online the second license.

Again thanks for your time.

Rafael

Rafael, I should I say Nadal, what are you doing here today? The Spanish Masters is being played currently in Barcelonna. I played the heavy favorite F.Gonzo over Ramoz today, match starts in 30 minutes.

You Mr. Nadal, cost me jack two Austrialian Opens ago when I had money on Terif (Roger Federer).

Martin, the whole point is that I don't get any "text" at all to be saved, so I can't copy/paste to any doc or txt document, I know the process I'm just saying that with SC GC I'm not getting that huge amount of letters numbers to be saved and then be taken to another pc with internet access and continue with the process, that I got with the previous SC games. It just hangs up, I can post a screenshot of the problem later when I get off from work, but it won't add much info.

To me offline activation is broken, don't know why, I tried in two different pc with same results. Maybe you should try activating the game offline, if it works to you then I have nothing else to say but if not you then we have a bug to fix.

As you said pc do weird things from time to time, and I'm running the game in my new pc, just didn't want to bring the old one home to activate online the second license.

Again thanks for your time.

Rafael

You do not have to press the Save License Request to File button to get the license request text. The license request is already printed in the window area right above that button. Click in there, then do the Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C routine, then click on the Step 2 button. You do not need to click on Step 1 at all in that case, so whatever is causing the hangup won't even get triggered.

Are you launching the game with full admin rights? If you answered that question already somewhere above, then sorry if I missed it.

Martin

You do not have to press the Save License Request to File button to get the license request text. The license request is already printed in the window area right above that button. Click in there, then do the Ctrl-A, Ctrl-C routine, then click on the Step 2 button. You do not need to click on Step 1 at all in that case, so whatever is causing the hangup won't even get triggered

Oh alright I'll try it when I get out of work. I think this should settle it then, will let you know. Thanks

Rafael, I should I say Nadal, what are you doing here today? The Spanish Masters is being played currently in Barcelonna. I played the heavy favorite F.Gonzo over Ramoz today, match starts in 30 minutes.

You Mr. Nadal, cost me jack two Austrialian Opens ago when I had money on Terif (Roger Federer).

Wish I were Nadal :D;)

The Battlefront system beats the heck out of the old copy protection systems (what's the first letter on page 2, etc)!

Wonder if it's the different versions of Windows?

Yes, I agree. It not only beats the old game manual based systems, but also a lot of DRMs that are out there today. Some of them are outright bad, some are "just" intrusive, and some are useless. The system eLicense is using with its mobile license concept, unlimited activations, relicensing and unlicensing, and the transparent no-backdoor-or-calling-home approach combines a lot of good aspects about how a DRM should be.

The problem most people are having is related to how Windows Vista and 7 introduced additional security features, which, in itself, are well intended. But together with poor documentation, over-secured anti-virus and internet security packages, it produces an environment where your PC may be blocking a lot of things you have no idea about, and actually don't want. This doesn't apply to eLicense alone, but to many other programs out there (even if you don't know it).

I agree it's the best protection system I have come upon.

And Battlefront responds superb when a HD format has taken place due to major problems: virus, meltdowns, system lockups.. They do reactivate your lost elicense/s due to that format or a virus or whatever, as long as it doesn't happen to you every now and then.

It happen to me last Christmas and the reactivated mine. So kudos to you.

Only thing is would like to have an extra license 3 rather than 2, but that's my humble wish...

I'll keep buying Hubert's games.