Game Graphics and game quality

While my system is a fairly good top end system it's not a game PC and only has a 300 Watt power supply. The video card I have should be used with a 350 W PS and is starting to go (or may have already went ). I haven't played any game on this system until I got this game so I'm not sure if the card wasn't really being used until I started playing Kursk.

I personally think the graphics of this game are just outstanding! While some of the game play could use some fixing , like tanks driving through houses and trees while nobody is on the road and trench fighting that continues until one side or the other blasts them with a tank or grenade to finish them both off.

Before I spend way too much money on a gaming system are there any other games that are graphically equivalent to this one?

I have both CMBO and CMBB, while the playability is great the graphics really pale compared to Kursk.

Thank you.

Warren.

This is it! There are a few games that could be compared graphic wise. But they are all arcade style. Most developers are going to script their games to appeal to the largest audience they can. A game like this will not appeal to every gamer. So I applaud them for making a game like this at all. It's all about sales. There are too few games anymore that are worth while. I found the CMBO, CMBB , CMAK back in I think 2002 and was hooked until the TOW series. The graphics in TOW spoiled the CM series for me. But the TOW series needed lots of polish and FINALLY its near perfect with KURSK. As far as playability/ Realism. Yes there are bugs ingame that need fixing. But it's a fantastic game even if it's alittle broken.

It is superb graphics-wise but tanks knocking down large mature trees is not just silly it doesn't happen because it would damage the tank or its components. That needs to be fixed as it creates an unrealistic enviornment.

Both North Afrika and Kursk continue to immerse me greatly. Stuff like watching a rifle team kill the crew of an AA gun, man it, and shoot down an enemy aircraft, only to have the piece removed from them in hand to hand fighting a few minutes later. What great AARs are made of.

Have not had any big slowdowns with my non-gaming machine either. 3 Gigs and a 4850 running XP seems enough.

Also, can't understand all the raving from some about Achtung Panzer. It is a great game designed by four people and was on sale for like $16. That is awesome. But graphics do matter, and AP's landscape looks like snow with dog crap strewn all over the place. Really murky and hard to get your bearings. It will take a lot of study due to interface issues, but I still like it.

However, it does not come close to Kursk, plus there's no editor.

I couldnt agree more gentlemen.. back in the day in highschool (2001) i use to play sudden strike wich was the 1st RTS game that really wowed me in2 the idea of how far a stratergy game's greatness could really b pushed, then in 2004 i stumbled across CMBO & was wowed very much by it aswel, but it(CMBO) trully opend my eyes to the possibilities of this style of game. Ive also dabbled in a bit of CMSF n it was nothing short of awesome aswell.

After playing it(CMBO) & working out how it was with its endless possibilities gameplay i remember thinkn **** man man this game crossed with ss would b maddness! and thinkn goddamn i cant wait till these games(CM's) have wicked graphics and now they finally do with KURSK.. just needs some good polishing !

:D :D i love it so much ive been waiting for the perfect strat game like this for soOo long since the 1st sudden strike - ive tried demos of lots ww2 strats n most of them sucked cause im so picky.. i do get the slowdowns n yes its emotional, yeah ive payed the money but im going to try n hold out as long as i can 4 the necessary patching 2 fix it ! n especially the inf. combat when they get 2 close to 1 another it gets a bit funky!

cya!