Syrian defense camping, is it interesting, or not?

Alex

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some help!

We have a small question

To the core CMSF game and Marine Corps and the British - where there and when (are basic steps (what day of the month).

Especially in the area of Homs - and the road to Damascus - area around Damascus. We trying to put a plot of our RED-compaign in the base game overall plot.

Did the British capture Damascus or not? Bashar al-Assad was hanged by the neck - or come truce?

Did (and when if so) some coalition forces take Al-Qaryatayn, Mahin, Yabrub?

We will be very grateful for the help.

I think the only one having a clear vision of the whole story are the BFC guys. Maybe next Monday when they get back to work.:)

BTW it would be nice know something more about NATO operations in Syria too. Since NATO module should be released, uh, when will be released...

Assuming you pick the path that takes you to Damascus, the final Brit mission, "The Bowling Alley," takes place on the edge of Damascus, if I remember correctly. It is a joint operation involving the British forces and U.S. HBCT MOUT units to secure major infrastructure, such as a telecom building and a major intersection. The end-campaign screen states that the Syrian forces have been destroyed and the Highlander Battle Group (The Brits) will move south to the border with Jordan as their area of occupation.

Any chance of just releasing a map or two ..(prior to full release).. THey look excellent!

We don't plan give a some new missions of red campaign (we already gave a DEMO), until release, because it will be not interesting for all of you.

Be patient, already not so long ;)

Try DEMO and you will see ;)

But if honestly of course AI can't fight like human player, but I can say, that play against attacking AI not badly than against defending AI, all in designers hand (if I do many tests and good tactical plan all looks good, and I try to do it every time ;) )...

Wow, the maps look great !

But is the Blue AI good enough in attack to really challange the player or is it (in the end) just the Blue material- and air power that makes the scenarios a challange for the player ?

AI do the same as the game rights - really hard. Man makes his game plan creatively, to make AI - there are limits to only 4-5 plans (and more than enough ofcourse ), only 8 teams (it is very little), only 18 orders for each group in a plan. There are only 20 area prep-fire -, and AI does not fire attack on time - comparing the attack of infantry and attack the fire.

AI can not "break artillery yonder hill - just in case" and reacts to deystdiya enemy - "I see-I shoot", "I do not see - do not shoot"

But we can make plans flexible, complex, diverse, do more zone prep-fire (all 20) and give your computer plans coordinated heavy blows - which the unbearable reflect.

So where is this in the development stage now?

Speed development of each card has fallen significantly - from an objective reason

Gameplay should have to go - from simple to complex.

So, for the mission in the 2-nd half of the campaign - the idea of each battle harder and harder. And we must give a chance to win, of course. Just the size of the forces and maps increased. We already have a classical conventional battlefield - a battalion size forces (and even a bit more) for the blue and red sides. 12th card - it is 3 to 2,4 kilometer size, for example

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When playing the mission «Radio Syria» report which made souldierz

- Several people have said that the loss of blue side is excessively large.

This is partly true. There are several resonators, why not does the actual ratio.

1. Battle for AI makes plans for a straight. There are five plans for this AI, there are only eight groups AI, this is 16 orders of each group in each plan AI. There are no forks for action within a plan of AI (make one step in one case, or make another step in the other case).

2 Most worse - no triggers. You cannot make an order for example "if the loss in a group of more than 5% to stand still", "if Group 2 went to the zone 12, Group 3 to go to a follower of his zone, if group 2 did not go out into the zone 12, Group 3 stand still."

3. We have an opportunity to make the most brutal scenario for red forces. But we are afraid that not interesting to play a mission, where the red player will put the troops to stand in the village, and his troops was bomb 20 airplanes il 10 Battery by blue side of all game time

• 2 months later...

I want to do a little announcement

Our Red-vs-blue campaign not closed, just we slow the temp, because now is summer and we want some rest.

Now situation is:

7 mission is 100% done

5 missions don't have briefing at english and needs some testing.

2 mission in slow work (some about 50% ready)

I think that we can finish the campaign in September, but now we don't have beta-tester and man who can translate briefings from rus to engl.

So that all news for today ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

Nice! You might want to look closely at your source (Google?) map to make sure those houses don't have walls around them. The shops wouldn't, at least not in front, but most Third World housing compounds are basically walled off from their neighbors, for security and privacy.

That will change the firefight and maneuver topography of the game a LOT, for both infantry and vehicles.

FWIW