Wait to you see Panthers taking on T70s in 1941 as a Russian player. Now that's an experience!!!

I did a mod for the middle of 1937 and I set heavy tank values for all countries to 0. Of course one of the first things I did was invest 5 chits in this tech, but of course no hits and the Russian tanks become the joke of the Wehrmacht.

Luckily for me the AI didn't know how to use them, and for whatever reason I got good AT tech so my tactical bombers chewed them up. Anyone want to take a wild guess at how many chits I put into that tech?

1 chit in 1941, and in four turns I had level three anti tank weapons. It took me to 1942 to get one hit in heavy tanks, and to 1944 to get three lol.

Its June 1941 and The A.I. has Jet fighters :mad: and they have only invested 800 MMPs :confused:

you may see this like this: AI cracked the Jackpot.

statistically 1 Chit into any Tech from level 0->1 has a probability of 54% to come in 12 Turns ( 1 Year ), but as with roulette there exists even a probability to get 5 Tech improvements in 5 rounds ( 0,00003125% )... and yas you know there is allways a Lotto winner even if it's more improbable to Win the Jackpot than to get thunderstuck.

@ scottsmm

Panthers - wow what kind of GC did you purchased? I have never seen one in the SC series! :confused:

Level 0 = Panzer I

Level 1 = Panzer II "Luchs"

Level 2 = Panzer III

Level 3 = Panzer IV

Level 4 = Panzer VI "Tiger"

Level 5 = Panzer VI Mk 2 "Königstiger" (= KingTiger)

As you see there is no Panzer V "Panther" :(

Playing lots of games during the SC series I always had the impression that the German tank research is the fastest of all nations even faster than the Soviets' research. I introduced Panzer VI Mk 2 KingTiger in early 1943 - this is the hell an awesome destruction machine! Nowadays two times hitting it's just ---> :eek: (And not like yolo911 said: "Panzers are like bicycles" ---> lol) And I didn't even needed to invest lots of chits. I always start with "Intelligence" and "Industrial Tech" and others, tanks have to wait.

The British (AI) introduced destroyers with anti-sub-warfare level 3 in early 1940 - wow, a little lotto-win to the AI, from that time on my subs needed cruiser and battleship support! :D

Level 0 = Panzer I

Level 1 = Panzer II "Luchs"

Level 2 = Panzer III

Level 3 = Panzer IV

Level 4 = Panzer VI "Tiger"

Level 5 = Panzer VI Mk 2 "Königstiger" (= KingTiger)

I think the Level 1 = PZ38/35 taken from the Czechs at least they look that way to me

Level 5 = Panther V it looks more like a Panther than King Tiger

Arguably the Panther was a better tank than the King Tiger, faster, gun was better than

the Tiger 1's 88 and produced in greater numbers. Of course I don't know for sure and the

King Tiger could be the Level 5 but the turret shape just looks more like a Panther.