Mission Generator Bug?

I haven't had time to really play this game yet but I am discouraged that the 1st thing that I've tried doesn't appear to work.

I have tried setting up a game from the Mission Generator and in all cases it has generated a game.

I get a brief Please Wait message which returns me to the Mission Generator screen but nothing happens.

I'll have to go back and try again, but twice I did put in the selection criteria for a "generated' battle (picked sides, left all other random) and then selected "launch". Got a message, don't recall what but I don't think it was "saving", but nothing more happened.

Just before leaving for work I did start a tutorial, so that worked for a little while until I quit, but no luck with the generator.

Bill

Dont forget to launch the game with full administrator rights, or the mission generator is probably not going to work.

It is working for me, so it should for other peoples as well

Thank you,

Administrator Rights was exactly the issue I was running into.

I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't other issues in regards to Administrator Rights. This clears up my being able to play tonight.

Thanks again

That's why I ordered my new computer last year with XP! Glad the mission generator thing got cleared up.

Unfortunately XP will only use around (see no more than) 3 gigs of ram maximum. If your computer has six gigs or more the OS will not see it and it will never be used. This is one of the benefits of Vista and now 7. If a computer has eight gigs of ram packed in, the new operating systems now recognize that its present and can use all of it. I'll live with having to apply admin rights for the ability to use the extra ram.

Usually, you can guess from the choice of troops selection you're allowed to make:

if you have a lot of points and are able to select several tanks, you'll most probably be the attacker. If you can select only a few infantry squads and lots of guns, chances are high that you'll have to defend.

It would have been nice to have some feedback of what the mission type will be , though

"Unfortunately XP will only use around (see no more than) 3 gigs of ram maximum. If your computer has six gigs or more the OS will not see it and it will never be used. This is one of the benefits of Vista and now 7. If a computer has eight gigs of ram packed in, the new operating systems now recognize that its present and can use all of it. I'll live with having to apply admin rights for the ability to use the extra ram."

I don't know about 7, and I believe Vista 64 bit will read all the memory you speak of. However, I do believe Vista 32 bit is limited to 4 gig.

Bill