What a Fluke part 2

I'm playing as the Uncon forces in a PBEM game against the Marines in a village valley fight.I was stumped to how this militia man got hit and after review, It seems that I experienced yet another jaw dropping fluke.

The Marines MK19 AAV was pounding a house with heavy MK fire, where there was suspected to be Uncon units, and then it happened.Another projectile with the title 'to whom it may concern' found its way to a unsuspecting RPG unit located 200 + meters out and nowhere near the action at the time.I played it over and over to make sure he wasn't sniped or shot or hit in any other way, and concluded that a piece of shrapnel from the MK did indeed hit the RPG guy after i got a glimpse of it.After a MK round impacted on the single level house, the piece of shrapnel flew out of the tightly packed neighborhood,over the main road,across the village, and traveled over top of 5-6 separate houses, it also simultaneously on it's journey, flew over and past tree lines and other single trees and obstacles in the area as well as over other Uncon units,over a few small walls and then eventually over a large wall and into the high walled compound the RPG team was in.As the guy holding the RPG was facing away from all the action in a single story house and looking out a window away from any LOS or LOF from any Marines, the projectile flung its way through the window on a very, very awkward angle, practically landing in the window from the side, and struck the man holding the RPG in the middle of the chest, causing a small explosion and making him instantly fall to the ground as a WIA.A one in a million chance shot and I dont think it could come out any more spectacular or luckier then that.:eek:

What a fluke!,and what made it such a great fluke is that out of everyone and all the space, it had to hit the RPG guy, out of all people.The RPGs are limited and very important for me to have and keep in this game if I'm to achieve any kind of victory against all those AAV MK19's and a fluke like that was a pretty stressful blow,and humorous also.The RPG team never took a shot yet,never seen any enemy(and there were many), and no enemy has even saw them yet, and then pow, right below the kisser! I thought that was phenomenal.:D

I can only imaging the unseen flukes that took place in my favor.Any one else experience such bad luck, or in my opponents case, good luck flukes like that?That was just incredible and that definitely makes it to the top of my list and scores high points on the Fluke-o-meter.

The saying 'luck of the Irish' comes to mind:)

The attention to detail and the flukes that it causes are one the great hall marks of CM.

The last game that I played I used Bradley cannon on suspect position on two adjacent roofs.

Unknown to me, my son told me at the end the guys had vacated the building to cover behind the buidings. However falling masonary took out two guys from two squad behing the building.

I'm pretty sure HE damage doesn't work like that in the game. Most likely you were shot by an unspotted enemy, which in the latest versions of the game means you will not see any tracers or any muzzle flashes to preserve LOS. If this is the case it obviously worked, your guy died never knowing what hit him.

Ok, what does not cause a small explosion? A: MK19 HE fragments.

What does cause a small explosion in game (even if it shouldn't)? A: US Marines M82 .50 inch Barrett sniper fire.

All I know is that there is no way HE fragments fly more that a dozen metres from the explosion and even that is for big HE.

Well, there was one other thing it could have been,a 50 Cal ricochet.They were also firing along with the MK's and a 50 Cal round could have impacted at the same time near the target area and bounced off the house, and making it the projectile in question.There's also a chance the distance traveled could be shorter, but not by much and its Still a Fluke:)

I have seen a bug like this before, but I remember it very vaguely.I ordered area fire and everyone started to shoot wildly all over the place around them like a bunch of...well... drunken retards.:DI canceled the area fire and told myself I better not do that again in that area in that mission,because obviously it was glitched.It was very weird and I only seen it happen once.It's like they all lost control of themselves and grenades and bullets where flying everywhere in their confusion.