Low walls, Deployed MGs and the Peng Challenge Thread

*sniff* That was beautiful, man

Hey Rune, hope you're doin' ok. I agree with Seanachai, we'd hate to see anything happen to you. With you around, we all feel smarter and look better

Actually with him around we all ARE smarter and look better ... his existence improves the grading curve.

Joe

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, you and Malcolm Lowry. Time to read 'Under the Volcano', Lars.

Why read it when you can live it?

I was drinking with a Mexican chef who just got off work from one of the fancy 'spa' hotelitos on the island, and boy, he sure knew the good stuff.

For the life of me though, I can't remember the labels…sniff…

For the life of me though, I can't remember the labels…sniff…

Very soon now your whole life will be like that. The blackouts will merge together until you one day you can't remember why you are holding that gun to your head but it seems like a good idea anyway.

Michael

As Jean Paul Sarte once said "Hell is other people", and there is no worse hell than here.

My son and his wife are having a boy, due in July, so I will have a grandson to torture, and perhaps some day he will be playing CM. I will warn him about all of you.

Flying back to the north today. It hasnt been much warmer down in Florida, but at least it doesnt snow here, well not all the time.

To all my unworthy opponents...hide the women, Ill be back on the field of battle this evening.

Glad to hear that rune is recovering well from his procedure.

I hope they didnt use the abby normal brain.

Why ... it couldn't hurt and it would probably be an improvement.

And, as a bonus, the hospital would have a NEW AND IMPROVED Abby Normal brain to play with ... Gawd knows rune's not using it for anything.

Joe

Time for a song. Back in the '60s there was a group—whose name I am happy to say I've long forgotten—that released a song whose opening line was—now get this:

Yummy, yummy, yummy I've got love in my tummy

Now, once I had finished throwing up after hearing that, that...words almost fail me...abuse of the English language and all sensibility, I reflected on it a bit. Yes, I was a strong man in my prime.

This is not a bad song. It does not come up to the level of bad. It is pathetic, disgustingly lame, and an abomination in the eyes of God. This is a song that should hope to aspire to be bad. This is a song that dropped through the floor of good taste and kept going. This is not a song that should ever have been released. It should have been kept in a cage until it could be mercifully clubbed to death. This song should not have been recorded. It should not have even been written down. It's author should have died in his sleep the night before he had even the first inkling of its possible existence.

Therefore, I propose it as the perfect anthem for this thread and the collection of...well, whatever the hell you lot are...that inhabit it. And may you all choke on your bubble gum and find your final repose.

Michael

Time for a song. Back in the '60s there was a group—whose name I am happy to say I've long forgotten—that released a song whose opening line was—now get this:

Now, once I had finished throwing up after hearing that, that...words almost fail me...abuse of the English language and all sensibility, I reflected on it a bit. Yes, I was a strong man in my prime.

This is not a bad song. It does not come up to the level of bad. It is pathetic, disgustingly lame, and an abomination in the eyes of God. This is a song that should hope to aspire to be bad. This is a song that dropped through the floor of good taste and kept going. This is not a song that should ever have been released. It should have been kept in a cage until it could be mercifully clubbed to death. This song should not have been recorded. It should not have even been written down. It's author should have died in his sleep the night before he had even the first inkling of its possible existence.

Therefore, I propose it as the perfect anthem for this thread and the collection of...well, whatever the hell you lot are...that inhabit it. And may you all choke on your bubble gum and find your final repose.

Michael

I don't know Michael ... that song always struck me as being vaugely offputting ... and really, really bad of course. Besides we already have an unofficial theme song that I used for my podcast ... a really old, scratchy version of "It's a Long Way to Tipperary." I think it fits the bill nicely.

But thanks for putting that stupid song in my brain for the rest of the day ... it's really appreciated.

Joe

Michael

Yes. That was the Ohio Express.

We allowed it to be published just to piss the rest of you off.

Glad to see that almost 50 years later, it's still doing it's job.

Seanachai, Boo, Berli, Joebob, et.all

Still sleeping a lot, the doc says it is meds I am taking. Start cardiac rehab soon, then back to work. So, getting better slowly and a step at a time.

As for Jr. Evil, he did the Peng thread proud when I was in the hospital. The little ****e comes into the room, 11:30 at night [wife works in the ER, is a nurse, so no one stops her] and mentions that "if you only had a heart" and making wizard of oz jokes.

I still remember little Seanachai going into my bathroom, calling us in and askign what that was... and the amazed look when we tried to explain what soap was.

Anyway, thanks for the sorta well wishes. I hope you all develop a foot fungus.

Rune

Even a dork who plays the game outranks.....whatever the hell you are.
Precisely Stuka ... and I want to thank you for sticking up for me.

Of course it's only YOU ... it's rather like having that homeless drunk with snot cacked on his mustache sticking up for you to his brethren under the overpass.

But still ...

Joe

Figures. Only a state as polluted and corrupt as yours could come up a sufficiently mutated species of beast capable of such low grade inaneness.

Michael

Said the man who still finds himself helplessly humming "Afternoon Delight", by the Starlight Vocal Band, just because it's such a gosh-darned happy tune.