which mods?

Hi all,

Apology if this has been already posted, i'm new to battlefront and i heard about it on ArmA2 off topic forums and glad to have found you. I'm downloading CMSF Marines bundle as i'm writing this. Can someone please help me find mods for this game to enhance terrain, graphics, sound, AI, etc... would i be able to run this game at 1680 x 1050 resolution? which patch would i need to apply after installing the game?

Thanks,

hehe, welcome.

about mods; well there are so many possible ones, you really need to look through them and take the ones you like.

there are some big ones that are nearly mandatory :D like all US vehicles in NATO/Desert camo, syrians in plain olive or russian camo...mords mods for combatants and fighters.

well there is a lot, just have a look.

only thing i really reccomend is a soundmod. wich ever you like, i myself have a mix form different soundmod sounds.

about the patch, you want to end up with v1.21, i cant tell you what patch you need to download as i dont know :D

but i "guess" its like this->

install CMSF

install MARINES

then the game should be v1.10(you can make sure, its displayed at the bottom of the main menue)

DL all in one v1.21 patch for CMSF+Marines and apply it...done.

thats how i would do it.

I would highly recommend the dusty Marines and Brit uniform mods.I know you don't have the British module, but IIRC they're bundled together. All of Mords sound mods, because they really increase the immersion factor(at least for me). There several U.S. Army mods that range from basic unit insignia to full on old style BDU and DCU uniforms. You know, now that I'm typing all this it occurs to me that you should probably just follow the links Pandur and Wiggum provided and check it all out for yourself, there are so many brilliant mods and mod makers here that I just can't list all the good ones.

BTW thanks all you mod artists, you took a great game and made it even better!

I wouldn't get bogged down with mods right at the start. I'd recommend just playing at least a few battles with the default/vanilla install.

I agree 100% Don't bother your head with the mods yet, just play! There's nothing really essential to be gained from the mods that would affect gameplay as such.

And welcome BTW!

The most important mods (for me at least) are sound mods. They can really set a more dramatic atmosphere.

Also, I use the mod that takes the sun/glare away, half-height horizon mod, and a few more. You'll just have to experiment. My mod manager can help, and with a new version being worked on now, it will be easier than ever to experiment.

Edit: How could I forget, Scipios mods are a must as well!

I've done mods galore but I can't really thnk of my of my stuff that would be considered indiispensible.

Among my own 'MikeyD' stuff I'd recommend you go to CMSF basegame Repository and pick up my 'Flavor Objects at a Glance' PDF reference. and my how-to assemble highway tiles PDF manual. Playing with the editor without those two references can be a BIG pain.

Highway_Tutorial01.jpg

FlavorObj_A.jpg

Well if your going to call artillery on a Mosque(to be honest i never do I always try to preserve them) or in some cases it could be a Palace that's big and practically fortified, you might want to use 155mm Howitzer. The Howitzers can destroy buildings quickly and damages all buildings it targets.If the building is not completely destroyed, the buildings walls will get knocked down and roofs will cave in making some floors unusable or exposed .Try different methods like hitting the second floor instead of the roof, making one side of the building heavily damaged and ready for collapse. As for the graphics, me personally i like watching buildings being reduced to ruble with artillery and air strike's.I think it puts on a very powerful show and buildings do get damaged.

i tried the armor one :-)

how to cancel a move order?

I would say you should read the manual, seriously !

It is a bit dry to read all this stuff but it will help you to understand the game much better.

As i bought the two modules i started reading all the description of the new weapon systems to undestand them and get some idea how to use them in battle.