Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Is it possible to rush city's production using money ?

Emmeth

As the title says, I have this curiosity to satisfy, may it is a common practice or maybe it is not allowed at all, dunno :confused:

Several times I find myself with lot of money but I have to wait lot of time to build...an urgent ship for example and I didn't find yet a way to rush the production injecting money to increase the speed.

Thanks

Reading your answer it seems to me there is no way to do that, right ?

Yes, my suggestion is that it would be a nice to have feature having the possibility to spend money ( therefore resources ) to rush the production of a platform.

10% IMO is too low, it is quite hard to let the money on stand by, you know they are always converted into research points but having the possibility of rushing a production it would be a nice feature, I would propose 250$ to rush of 50% instead, 500$ to finish the stuff immediately despiting the remaining time.

It would be really hard also in this way IMO.

Wouldn't this be unrealistic? I mean, in real life no matter how much you throw at something, it still does take a certain amount of time to build. There are only so many "hands" that can work on the same project before they interfere with each other more than they help.

As the title says, I have this curiosity to satisfy, may it is a common practice or maybe it is not allowed at all, dunno :confused:

Several times I find myself with lot of money but I have to wait lot of time to build...an urgent ship for example and I didn't find yet a way to rush the production injecting money to increase the speed.

Thanks

No, there's no way to do this in the game. I remember Civilization did something like that. Maybe their justification was that they were paying workers "overtime pay". Although, I think I remember money in civilization being about 1/8th the value if you tried to use wealth to store-up production value. (In other words, if a city could produce 10 wealth per turn, then that same city would require 80 wealth to speed-up the production of an item by 1 turn.)

I suppose that system would provide a way to spend a bunch of money or resources that you aren't using anyway.

Wouldn't this be unrealistic? I mean, in real life no matter how much you throw at something, it still does take a certain amount of time to build. There are only so many "hands" that can work on the same project before they interfere with each other more than they help.

Money or motivation can do great things... We all know the story of this US CV (Enterprise, Lexington, Saratoga? My memory is hazy sorry) which was repaired ('fixed' would be a better word, I guess the repair was not top notch) in 3 days and not the expected 2 months because it was direly needed.

I would vote for this option anyway :)

I agree with Moon that it can't be a linear reduction in time and it would have to have some limits and eventually the law of diminishing returns would kick in. So you could spend thousands at some point with little to know incremental improvement. However, if you spent say 1.5 - 2 times the cost of an item you might get it in 3/4 or maybe even in half the time. The comment about the CVs being repaired quickly might also be applied to repairs on damaged units. Maybe applying more money to repairs would decrease the repair time as well.

These are great suggestions to enhance the game. Very cool ideas guys.