Brits are red or blue?

bardosy

I read a lot of years ago in a book (maybe Churchil's diary), in the WWII there was a little confusion in the allied command, because of British used red color to mark friendly units and blue for enemy, but Yankees did it reverse: blue is friendly and red is enemy.

How is it works nowdays? Brits still use red color to mark their own units? Or they throw their traditions and use the yankee blue?

It's important to me, because I want create british missions and I want draw proper tactical maps.

The international (NATO) maps symbols for 'neutral' is green, 'unknown' is yellow, 'friendly' is blue and 'enemy' is red. So Red Russians attacking Green Afghanis may send the wrong political message about the conflict from the Russian perspective. The Afghanis may not argue with that coloring, though - but they aren't exactly the primary market for the product. :)

Those with long enough memories (20-30 years ago now) will recall news stories of our 'valient mujihadeen allies battling the Soviet aggressors'. Red Russians versus Blue mujis might be incongruous from the Russian perspective, but playing the Blue mujihadeen side in 3rd party campaigns it would be appropriate.