Back From A Long Absence

Hello all,

I lost my CMBB disk years ago and because of it, I stopped playing this fine game. Recently, I found it again stashed away in some CD case and I'm itching to get back into playing some email games again.

Looking around the website, I see that they never made another WWII Western or Eastern Front module. Looks like they left it up to the Theater of War people to take over.

So anyways, I was wondering how CMBB stacks up against TOW which looks pretty slick on the surface. Is there anything about CMBB that the newer TOW doesn't have in terms of gameplay? How do the two stack up against each other?

Hi - welcome back.

TOW has a campaign style to it - surviving units carry over, get promoted, win medals, upgrade, etc. It is far more polished graphically. It still didn't hold my attention for long. IMO, CMBB is the superior game.

A lot of us are watching out for CM2:WW2 (CM:Normandy or somesuch title), due out early-ish next year.

Col. Dead,

If interested, how about small 600-700 ( Company Reinforced ) point QBs, However, I only play AXIS.

Just PM me your address, and will send over a file along with some House Rules to make CM alittle better.

Sounds good. However...after loading up the game, I'm now having graphic issues with images that blink on and off. Is this that Vista issue I keep hearing about? Do I need to buy the patch?

Also, where the hell is everybody? Every forum seems to be empty these days, including TOW. I remember when there were 30+ posts a day in these forums just a couple of years ago.