Oops, I got the wrong ammo...

So, I am playing the Marine campaign and usually have different types of units in the same vehicle. That immediately makes me prone to error when a unit is acquiring ammunition from the vehicle, it takes the wrong ammo. Now, few rounds of the wrong MG ammo won’t kill me, but when an infantry squad grabs couple of those precious Javelins… aaagghh… it hurts. I know that at this time there is no way to ask for a refund from the vehicle commander, but is there a plan within the Battlefront developers for a possibility of exchanging equipment between units – in a vehicle or even out in the open?

What I would like to see is the following:

- Possibility to drop unnecessary equipment anywhere on the map – leave it in a vehicle (if there is room for it), drop in on the ground (mark it as a pile of stuff, for others to pick up), or exchange it directly with other units (Marines/soldiers) on the field;

- A better “Acquire” screen – maybe the icon of the unit with al its members (with weapons shown) and available ‘cargo’ slots; and on the other side the vehicle with all of its cargo and available ‘cargo’ slots. Highlighting an item and using back and forth arrows would allow the player to manage the ammo acquisition. When dropping stuff on the ground a similar interface, but with unlimited ‘cargo’ slots representing the ground where the drop/acquisition would occur.

I know, I know it’s a bit too ambitious, but you have to agree that it is unrealistic for any small unit to get stuck with the wrong ammo load and to continue to burden itself throughout the battle and not simply ditching it.

Any thoughts ?

And speaking of ammo, could someone make a mod with a counter instead of the bars? I don't know how many rounds per man a full bar indicates, could be 40, could be 400. Makes a difference at times.

Also with the aircraft, I've looked and can't find what each of the bars mean. I would think it is light, medium, heavy, but it doesn't seem to be that way. And with arty, the first is HE, the third is smoke; what other munitions are graphed? Also be nice to have counters on the arty ammo.

Well, my only advice is to pause the game, then be VERY careful when using the aquire command.

It is a bit of a pain when dealing with the menu, with ammo labeled e.g. '76mm HEAT''85mm HEAT'.

Why not just tell me that it's a LAW, or an AT-4?

As far as Javelins are concerned, I usually have whichever group takes the CLU also takes all of the Javelins at once, to avoid any confusion. It's better to have a squad carrying extra, than having a squad carrying useless rockets.

Concerning Aircraft: (Rule of Thumb)

The first bar is Guns, the second is Rockets, the third bar is AT Missles or Bombs.

Concerning Aircraft: (Rule of Thumb)

The first bar is Guns, the second is Rockets, the third bar is AT Missles or Bombs.

Except for the aircraft that don't have guns or rockets or the helicopter that has 2 types of gun ammo etc... etc...

Hopefully tooltips or something will be avalable in NATO/Normandy.

Except for the aircraft that don't have guns or rockets or the helicopter that has 2 types of gun ammo etc... etc...

I don't believe any helicopter has selectable ammunition types, I could be wrong though. IIRC, all the rounds are combat mixed and ballistically identical.

Hopefully tooltips or something will be avalable in NATO/Normandy.

Well, considering the increase in tooltip in the last patch, we're headed in the right direction.