Landing from transports

Boris Balaban

It seems that when I chose to land my troops that the transport is in the correct spot but will not allow my troops to unload so I again choose a beach right beside the current beach and wait another turn then most of the time it does unload.

This also happened to reload which is harder to do.

It would be nice to have a hot key that you will:

Press the transport then press a hot key then it will ask you to chose the beach then ask you witch unit and if it is on board the transport then it will unload the units chosen and if the unit is on land then the transport and unit will meet at the beach and automatically load.

Sorry.:(

Just order your transport to get close to the beach so the yellow circle appears.

Then select units on the ship, right-click that yellow circle and CTRL-rightclick somewhere else on the target island. During the turn execution, the ship will hit the shore and the units will immediately disembark and move as ordered.

Is something wrong with that?

N3rull, I see you are the expert in EoS and probably know the answer to my question.

How join 2 ships being in the sea without time loss? I certainly can send them to one point, on next turn to join and send in the necessary direction. But how it to make "on fly"?

There is no 'automated' way that I know of.

The only help you can get is that when you right-click somewhere to order your units to go there and you hover the pointer over that circle that pops up, a tooltip will show indicating how long it will take the units to get there.

Select a point where both ships will take less than a turn to get to and which is on the way to the destination for the slower/further ship.

And I'm no EoS expert, I'm just a casual noob with some innate curiosity for learning stuff. And a Maths student with a forged tendency for optimizing stuff.

N3rull, I see you are the expert in EoS and probably know the answer to my question.

How join 2 ships being in the sea without time loss? I certainly can send them to one point, on next turn to join and send in the necessary direction. But how it to make "on fly"?

Unfortunately, there's no way to do that.

Unfortunately, there's no way to do that.

Pseudo-code that could handle this:

Give order to a ship using one or more way-points.

Give order to other ships to go to one of the way-points of the first ship (would need to be able to see other movement paths).

Set a flag on the first ship to indicate auto-merge (which way-point in the order list and ID to joining ship(s)).

Whichever ship that reach the way-point first waits for the other(s).

Perform auto-merge and sail on using the path of the first (master) ship.

Yes, I'm bored at work. ;)