Playing CMBB in wide screen

you can play widescreen, but its a bit of a hack, since CMBB does not natively support widescreen:

step #1, if required, is to change the screen res. Navigate to your "CMBB" folder, usually in "Program Files" and delete the "combat mission BB prefs" file (a new one will be created when you next play the game). When you restart CMBB, you will be offered a choice of res based on what your monitor can handle. Usually the 1st one offered is the best. Please note that the res are offered in a 4:3 format. For example, my monitor is a Dell 27" WS with a 1920x1200@60hz native res. CMBB will offer me 1600x1200@60hz which I choose.

step#2, when you start CMBB, you may have two black bands on either side. You then open your "Nvidia control panel", navigate to the "change flat panel scaling" tab and choose either "Nvidia scaling" or "own display scaling", based on personal taste.

voila! CMBB's image is now stretched over the monitor. Not a true widescreen image, but good enough. remember also that since CMBB is such an old game, you can run even the biggest scenarios at 16xFSAA and 16xAniso with no issues.

step#2, when you start CMBB, you may have two black bands on either side. You then open your "Nvidia control panel", navigate to the "change flat panel scaling" tab and choose either "Nvidia scaling" or "own display scaling", based on personal taste.

voila! CMBB's image is now stretched over the monitor. Not a true widescreen image, but good enough.

You must be joking, right?

You can't seriously think the stretched 3D models are in any way acceptable?

purely personal taste whether you wish to use the whole screen or have black bands on either side.

the image is not noticeably different in-game, unless you spend all your time obsessively comparing them side by side.

you are of course free to play the game as you wish, as am I.

Why bother you ask?

I use a matrox THTG, which enables the use of three screens. Hence surround vision,which cmsf supports oddly enuff. But to make it work u have to get at least a res of 3072x768. If cmbb could run in windowed mode it would work, but thats out as well.

I've been playing sb pro and arma with it on 3x23" mon, now I'm spoiled! once u game like this its real hard to go back 2 one monitor.

• 1 month later...
You know, Id like true widescreen. If it was resolved, I'd automatically purchase CMAK. That's how much I like this classic little game.

Its surely reassuring to know that this cute little classic would be a must buy if it had more screens. Some think its the depth of the game play that should be considered. Losers!

: )