No Javalin CLU in AAV-7?

Hev

Ive just started the second mission in the marine campaign and i notice that the aav's aren't carrying a launcher for the javalin (and ive double checked in a few scenarios) now is this a bug or what? Im guessing it must be seeing as the transports are carrying the missiles themselves but i'd like a conformation from soneone.

Im running 1.20 if it makes a difference.

The USMC is under the budgetary control of the Navy. That means when the Navy fights for for money, it's usually for their ships and air cover... not as much for a bunch of teenagers being tossed around in the back of a tracked tin can. It's always been that way, however the 1980s/1990s state of the Marines was a lot worse in terms of how many goodies they have compared to the Army.

Steve

The Marines are more reliant on TOW as well. There's a whole thread on it, but a lot of people are having trouble using TOW vehicles effectively in CMSF because LOS appears to be drawn from the center of vehicles and not the highest point, which is where the optics on TOW vehicles are located. I've managed to get them in pretty good hull-down positions before only to see the TOW launcher get shot off. It may be realistic in the sense that they are being used at closer ranges than they would in real life, thus making them easier to spot by the enemy, but it still hurts to see a good ambush position get shot up.