Ammo resup with vehicles

Hello all,

I was wondering if there is any way to resupply any/all the weapons mounted on the vehicles.

I am playing a scenario with WMIKs and the like and the GMG ran out of ammo.... There comes with the platoon, a Land Rover full of 40mm ammo and I thought that maybe if I dismount the crew and sent them over to the supply veh they could bomb up.... Well they could do that just fine..... Only when they put that same weapon back on the WMIK all that ammo they got is not available..... So I dismounted the GMG and it worked just fine dismounted, only it couldn't use the same ammo when it was mounted....

The same issue happenned with a WMIK that ran out of 50cal ammo... Fine, I dismounted the crew and they took the GPMG..... It too was woefully short on ammo and they resupped in the same fashion....... Got back on the vehicle (and replaced the GPMG on the pintle at the front)....... No ammo avail..........

Now I can understand the 40mm ammo being of different natures (linked vs boxed), but 7.62 link is 7.62 link and it should be able to be used in any GPMG in any configuration......

Could something be done?

Could the Aquire feature be expanded to cover aquisitions between infantry units? This would round out this already great feature and make it truely comprehensive......

Thanks Rob

The GMGs and GPMGs will use the ammo just fine if you use them in the dismounted role. AIUI, the game mechanics mean that the GMG and GPMG on the wagon are actually different to the ones that the crew take with them, but some sneaky workarounds mean that the gun on the wagon vanishes when the crew dismounts. As the game stands ATM, you can't reload vehicle ammo.

I was wondering about this too while playing around in the editor. After removing heavy weapons from the vehicles the ammo is different from the vehicle ammo. The GPMGs on most UK vehicles carry only 200 rounds for each so it would be nice to be able to resupply them in some way. Maybe include an option to allow vehicle gunners to tap into aquireable ammo, if toggled.

The GMGs and GPMGs will use the ammo just fine if you use them in the dismounted role. AIUI, the game mechanics mean that the GMG and GPMG on the wagon are actually different to the ones that the crew take with them, but some sneaky workarounds mean that the gun on the wagon vanishes when the crew dismounts. As the game stands ATM, you can't reload vehicle ammo.

...I've never tried it but could a GPMG team re-sup from another vehicle then remount with the ammo?

Well the broader issue of AFV replen (and indeed recovery) has been broached in terms of a MBT in a 2hr medium tempo scenario is pretty likely to expend all its main armament.

So far its in the "too hard to code" basket but I think its on "the list" (to borrow a phrase). :)

I presume if / when its cracked it will apply to MBT, IFV, APC and other "fighting" vehicles as well.

...I've never tried it but could a GPMG team re-sup from another vehicle then remount with the ammo?

Yes.

The platoon commanders wagon (a standard TUM) has a *STACK* of GPMG and GMG ammo. It's handy for re-sup in the dismounted role, and also for bombing up the vehs themselves (dismount, move to pn cmndrs wagon, grab ammo, move back, remount veh, resume pourage of death and destruction on the enemies of cheese and all else that is good in the world).

Edit: one thing to be careful of is that - AIUI - the 40mm rounds used by the H&K GMG are different to those for the 40mm UGL on the SA80, but there is no indication in the acquire screens which is for which (this is a similar issue to the Red 7.62mm ammo).

Edit: one thing to be careful of is that - AIUI - the 40mm rounds used by the H&K GMG are different to those for the 40mm UGL on the SA80, but there is no indication in the acquire screens which is for which (this is a similar issue to the Red 7.62mm ammo).

Solution: stop abreviating in the UI and simply put 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 40x53, 40x46, etc.) We can handle it BFC! :)

Solution: stop abreviating in the UI and simply put 7.62x39, 7.62x54R, 40x53, 40x46, etc.) We can handle it BFC! :)

Yeah, well, that wouldn't actually helop me much, since I don't know which goes with which.

Clarification: The 40mm is identified as being of two different sorts (PPHE and ... sumfink else), but that still doesn't tell me how uses what.