British module maps.

I thought the maps in the Marines module were of a high standard but the ones in the new module are absolutely superb!

I've looked over and played perhaps a dozen of the non campaign missions so far and ever single one of them has been a gem, usually for a single reason - they look like real places: urban maps look lived in and have actually had me worrying about the ethics of hitting dense population centres with arty and air support. That's a brand new tactical consideration that has never really played upon my mission planning so far in the game - which isn't to say that blowing stuff up with great big guns is any less fun..:D

Special mention goes to the urban map in 'Breaking the bank.' That is one killer AO. Nasty narrow streets and hi rise buildings before that wide open space in the middle - brilliant.

I'm sure Google Maps has played a part in the research, which is great to see, and i'm impressed by how well obviously real places have been translated into the map editor. As someone who has created plenty of maps for my own CM use over the years it's easy to tell when a map has obviously been a labour of love. I'm seeing that in spades here.

Cheers, boys. Your work on the new mission has been uniformly fantastic! it's taken CMSF to a whole new level.

I spent a while on Google Earth checking out a few of the various locations featured in the campaign, and its unbelievable how well the maps match the real world locations.

While obviously a few liberties have been taken here and there, to keep things in scale and make the gameplay manageable, I'm very impressed with how much the new module's maps/campaign conform to real life, to the extent I also feel bad using AS90s and Harriers to blow holes in the beautifully made maps, especially the urban ones!

The map for "UK Battlegroup Attacks!" is a beauty as well... I'm about 45 minutes into the scenario and have seen a couple of Challengers make jaw-dropping one-mile-plus shots across the valley...

The terrain reminds me of the Little Bighorn battlefield in Montana: sweeping vistas of prairie cut up with nasty little gullies and draws... Awesome.

Thanks for the compliments on Breaking the Bank: they made my day. :D I followed a Google Earth location very closely to make it; the symmetry around the park with the dominating bank terrain feature just screamed to be made into a scenario.

The lat/long for the location is 33 31 23 N 36 17 47 E. If you have Google Earth, it even has pictures of the bank and the park. :)

Funny story: I had mostly finished the scenario before I became a beta tester, and it was designed for a US Army Heavy Infantry company. I had a problem with the US having too much firepower with all of those Bradleys. When I got picked up as a CMSF tester I converted it to UK forces and the UK armoured infantry company was a perfect fit for the balance.