Moaners

leto,

I find it sad that BFC has to actually justify its sales on these boards.

Actually, that wasn't Moon's intention at all. He was simply explaining that "commercial success", as described by another poster, is a relative thing for someone like us. We'll never get even close to HALO like "commercial success", but we do pretty well against some rather large companies. As far as we know we do better than any other wargame company out there. This isn't "justification" or even bragging, just a statement of where we fit into the larger industry. Personally, we're extremely pleased with where we are.

In the past I have kicked back at the doom-and-gloomers, whom you are well acquainted with from your former days on the other Forum, who wanted us to be financially punished for not catering doing what they wanted us to do. It was a good idea to do that because those people talked as if they had a clue and therefore someone might actually believe their nonsense. We're doing better now than in any period in Battlefront's 10 history, and that's not something we're ashamed of :D

Martin's larger point, however, is that the market is changing and we're always changing with it. Our definition of "commercial success" is about how much money comes overall vs. how much goes out.

CM: Normandy isn't actively promoted yet, so I'm not surprised a list on this or that website hasn't picked up on it yet.

Steve

Hunt down the laundry list of fixes and additions to the game stretching from patch v1.01 through 1.2. A full printed list would literally be as long as your arm. The bulk of those fixes/corrections were due to the dilligence of "fanbois who have never seen anything wrong".

The outer board does not know who lobbied for what, who complained the most, who pestered and wheedled, who fought the good fight, who made the cleverest suggestions or the most acute observations, who scoured the globe for reference material, who even bullied his fellows into stepping-up their game! There's 40-odd people credited at the back of the British module. Some have done heroic work for nine months straight - a couple even got paid a little for it. And I cannot recall one instance where grousing about how inferior the product is to some nostalgic memories of their beloved [add game title here] advanced the game an inch.

Ah I see your suffering from selective quoting syndrome, possibly coupled with the ever popular 'Not reading what I wrote' complex.

I dont need nor want a lecture about what anyone has done for me in this game. While it is very much appreciated what they have done to advance the game their motives, including yours are not all totaly altruistic.

To be blunt, the Beta testers wouldnt do it if they didnt want to, I assume that BFC didnt approach you all at gunpoint and MAKE you beta test? NO?

Then I reserve the right NOT to be talked down to by anyone on this board because of their perceived superiority to me due to thier involvement in a game. I didnt say every Fanboi was a Beta tester and I didnt say every moaner was anti-CMSF.

Cheers for hopefully reading the whole post.

Picking up on Mickey's point, can we please have an official changelog for the 1.20 code?

I think it should serve well to make people feel they get more value out of CMSF:Brits.

BTW, looks like some of the spotting changes observed in the demo didn't look that severe at re-testing. Would probably have been better to wait until the game with the editor for more precise measurements.

Ah I see your suffering from selective quoting syndrome, possibly coupled with the ever popular 'Not reading what I wrote' complex.

I dont need nor want a lecture about what anyone has done for me in this game. While it is very much appreciated what they have done to advance the game their motives, including yours are not all totaly altruistic.

To be blunt, the Beta testers wouldnt do it if they didnt want to, I assume that BFC didnt approach you all at gunpoint and MAKE you beta test? NO?

Then I reserve the right NOT to be talked down to by anyone on this board because of their perceived superiority to me due to thier involvement in a game. I didnt say every Fanboi was a Beta tester and I didnt say every moaner was anti-CMSF.

Cheers for hopefully reading the whole post.

I think that it is natural that beta testers take some modicum of ownership with the game, and are thus a bit more stiff about things. You have to admit, that beta testers are also very informative, helpful and even, believe it or not fun to have around.

That being said, I concur with GSX and feel that no one should behave supercilliously and talk down to anyone else on these boards, just because they are a beta tester. What often happens I find, is that the pissing contexts between the haters and bet'ers form some crust on conversations and debates on these boards, which is both understandable, and regrettable. I guess we are all little kids inside, still playing wargames, and thus the inertia to act like children may often extend into other areas of how we act.

Cheers!

Leto

Moaners was said with a wry smile.

The trouble with the net is that as 90% of communication is through body language\tone of voice things get a little skewed.

No offence was men't. I moan as good as the rest of them. I'm just saying CMSF had quite abit of bad press out there (especially just after release)which I listened too. I was greatly suprised at how good the game was.

Sorry if I seemed like a fanboy I'm not. Just very pleased to see the game come on so much and feel its a shame that it got a bad name in its infancy.

NP, I don't see you as a fanboy! And I am really glad you like CMSF!

:)

However, many gamers were surprised at how buggy CMSF was upon release and are not quite as enthusiastic about this title as you. I would not call them moaners the same as I would not call you a fanboy.

:)