Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Brit Forces Demo- Stutter and CTD

I just ran the new 1.20 demo, and started the British mission. Everything was running fine until I started moving the Challengers around. The game began to stutter severely at this point, and then I had a CTD.

MacPro Intel 2008, Windows XP Pro, ATI 3870 512mb, whatever XP recognizes of my RAM from the Mac side (I believe 3gigs?).

(crash info deleted by Battlefront because we have a copy of it now and it slows down loading this page something fierce ;))

Oh, we most definitely are still using Macs :) A couple of our testers are as well. None of us are having any problems and we have not seen a crash like that at all even on the Windows side of things.

Are you using 10.5.x with all the current drivers and what not? If you're still using the "beta" version of BootCamp, I have no idea what CM:SF will do under it because that's very old by now. And it was kinda twitchy due to the drivers anyway.

Steve

I'm all up to date on the Mac side of things. I have installed the latest ATI drivers, and I just had a repeat of the crash. It seemed to be the same thing, I had just moved a Challenger into firing position. It was targeting, and then the CTD.

Any suggestions with maybe tweaking the drivers for the ATI card? Any testers using this same card?

I'll try it on my laptop.

I actually think the crash might be happening when the firing picks up. I just ran a test with the US forces in the demo, and had the stuttering happen. I ran my full copy of CMSF, and ran a test and no issues with many units unleashing all calibers at the same time.

Cool... so it appears all is well and, once again, we have to send thoughts of love and happiness to our friends at ATI for breaking things? :D

As an aside my MacBook Pro toasts my gonads. My G4, on the other hand, did the equivalent of flambé them ;) I used to take an insert, inside my laptop case, and put it inbetween my lap and the laptop.

Steve

I hope it gives my fiancee and I the six headed baby we have always longed for when the day comes to procreate.

I'm going NVidia after this, as I plan on keeping good ol' Battlefront product on my rig for decades to come. Thanks for making the good stuff.