1.11 Vista 64 sp2?

Since all the fuzz about the brits ;), the last few weeks I have been starting up some CMSF games again. However, it ctd's so much it is barely playable. I havent seen this before while playing CMSF on this machine.

It could be 1.11 since I didn't really play since it came out, however I played some RT tcp/ip battles a few weeks ago. Since the Vista sp2 did come out though, so Im not sure what is the problem.

The symptoms are that CMSF will run fine, untill suddenly the cursor turns into a windows cursor and everything, except sound, hangs. This occurs during loading of bigger maps, although not always, as well as during regular mission time, or deploying phase.

A few times I was given a 'run out of memory' prompt however this hasn't occured the last 10 times orso.

Im running a coreI7 920, ati hd4870x2 wiht 6gb ddr3 on a asus p6t mobo using vista ultimate x64.

anyone else shares this problem?

well have the latest ati drivers, just checked upon mobo utilities but there doesnt seem to be any chipset or other necessary update. Dont want to run older ati drivers.

Ill try to reinstall cmsf, perhaps it will do something. Cheers for advice anyway :)

I've had a problem with my ATI 4850 with drivers later than 9.3 running CMSF - I had a lot of crashes and ended up going back to 9.3. I'm not alone in discovering that these are the last stable drivers for the 4800 family of cards for playing CMSF - I hope that patch 1.20 does something about this, but knowing how flaky drivers can be for both NVIDIA and ATI I'm not holding my breath that there's anything BFC can do on their end.

There's a few threads on this ATI problem over in the Tech forum.

just updated all my other drivers and checked anything that could be wrong; disabled adaptive AA, etc...

It didnt really help, although i could play for a good 20 minutes :(

I think I played a tcpip battle using the same ati drivers, so perhaps its vista sp2.

hoping 1.2 will let me play again

Faulting application CM Shock Force.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x494f6fc8, faulting module atioglxx.dll, version 6.14.10.8673, time stamp 0x4a0e279e, exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x005f0cd7, process id 0xef4, application start time 0x01ca08a6edbf48b0.

:( seems you are right; i looked it up in the event viewer.