Where are we at on SC3? It's killing me to read all the press about Hearts of Iron III and I haven't heard anything about SC3 which is a game I would much rather play! Come on Hubert, I know there aren't enough warm days up in Canada to keep you away from the keyboard!

Craig

Hubert,

I used to play 3R a lot. Was probably addicted to it back in the 80s!

It has been a very, very, very long time since I last played it, but the way it used to work if I recall correctly was that at the end of your regular movement and combat turn, you were allowed to move certain units (e.g., armour) a limited number of additional hexes. You did not get a full second movement phase, but one or two extra hexes to help conduct encirclements.

MJY

I think this exploitation feature would be better represented if units could save their APs as they go about their actions.

Then any unit with additional APs remaining after moving or combat would be allowed to use them later after being deselected for more movement or combat as the player wishes.

Think of how valuable motorization tech would be.

Hey,

Yeah, I agree with Seamonkey. As an "armchair programmer," I don't know what it would mean from a software perspective (i.e., it is always easier to offer suggestions than to write the code), but a system that allows moves and attacks to occur in any order would be a big plus from a realism perspective (although there would no doubt be play balance consequences). And his point about motorization tech is dead on. I have not seen it used in very many games.

MJY

The way armoured exploitation works was when you attacked an ememy unit with atleast 1 of your own armoured units and destroyed the enemy unit any armoured units in normal supply beside the attacking armour would all move to the breakthrough hex(bad word ha ha) occupied by the defender.At the end of the normal attack phase the exploiting armour would then get to move a total of two hexes each up to a grand total of 6.In other words each exploiting armour can only move two hexes by itself but can form a chain of up to six hexes which needs a minimum of three armoured units to accomplish.ZOC effectes exploitation.The exploiters can then attack at the end of the exploitation phase with any airfleet or Para. support.

Against a novice player or the A.I.(which isnt to brilliant in THIRD REICH)you can sometimes destroy Russia in one turn with the right exploiting attack.Each turn represents 1 month.

Well I won't comment on what should or shouldn't be in a new game but to it sounds like it's in the works which has me smiling!

Okay I lied, I do hope it carries on the tradition of taking over countries not a choped up map into districts or whatever you might call them. I also like how in the expansions there are railroads & other objectives.....airfields would be nice especially if you had to build them and could only place planes on them or in cities.

I think this exploitation feature would be better represented if units could save their APs as they go about their actions.

I agree. The Third Reich board game exploitation feature was OK for that application but not very realistic here. Another board game feature from games like AH Russian Campaign is to allow mech/armor units a second "impulse". This might be doable, since we already have multiple strikes possible, so the game "knows" a unit has done something once and then allows it to do it again. Maybe same could be done to allow a unit a complete second move?? Alternatively, just allowing a unit to move/attack in any combination and/or sequence up to its AP limit, and saving these APs even after de-selecting the unit and moving another unit, would be great.

Then any unit with additional APs remaining after moving or combat would be allowed to use them later after being deselected for more movement or combat as the player wishes.

Think of how valuable motorization tech would be.

I just started playing SC2 and I would kill for APs that aren't used up all at one time. But I think I see why Hubert didn't do it this way (i.e., cheating during MP games).

What I really want is the ability to do air recon to find the bad guys for my fighters/bombers to bring the pain. I understand that that ability is probably built into the spotting range of the fighters/bombers, but still....