Israel?

I am sure this has been brought up, but is there any plans for an IDF module?

<Ahem>, yes, it's definitely come up for discussion once or twice before (heavy understatement). There are no plans for an IDF module. Try doing a Forum search for 'Gaza Strip IDF module' and you'll find all the arguments laid out there from both sides. Makes for some fun reading... :D

Hey, I found it for you....

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=85428&highlight=gaza+strip+IDF

Which was a very informative thread until I showed up :D

Wonder what the current opinions are, given that Netanyahu is in charge again now... :(

Iran Elections and Israel, North Korea, [...]

I hope CMSF2 Temperate doesn't become reality before its release ;)

EDIT: By the way, I think one last extra module for CMSF, after NATO ofcourse, would be: IDF vs Hizbullah ~ an immediate best seller in my eyes ;) (both RED & BLUE campaigns)

A few things I'd like to see:

LMTV/FMTV (Uparmored) models for U.S. Army support vehicles to replicate convoys moving materials and Soldiers

Some sort of Quick Reaction Force interface via ether:

- Player can designate through a drag/drop feature, parts of his forces already available on the map, and assign them to a QRF Role and assign them a pre-determined route if wanted.

- Or a QRF designated by mission designers as player controled 'reinforcement' button to add forces on to the battlefield if his existing forces get blown up, ambushed, or in a tough spot. Could even be Helicopter based.

QRFs are a pretty common TTP for BN and above US forces in OIF/OEF.

Although I was under the impression that above mentioned thread didn't erupt into a flame war. 'Must say it was quite a good discussion, at least better the 1 in a dozen discussions with people I know. Because I know them, I know their opinions and I still know them next time the subject comes up ;)

• 2 months later...

I know there as been mutiple discussions on this topic before, but, I just had to reply somewhere & express my fusturation & maybe inquire of the talented people at Battlefront if there is strictly a buisness decision or one political correctness or both.

I guess my fusturation is that if was straight buisness decision based on the fact that do to the PC sensitivity that could come with the Module I might be able to understand it a little, but not much. Strictly from a gaming perspective, we all play & enjoy the initial release that pits American military forces causing causulties to Syrian Forces / Insurgents / Terrorist forces & vice-a-versa. Now I have friends that are American & they are not offended over this. I am sure as great of a Series as this, I wonder if there are any players of Middle Eastern descent that play the game & do not have issues with how the combatants are potrayed. Now we have British forces (Excellent Module by the way) added to the mix & this does not appear to have had any terrible moral debate on whether this Module should have been produced. Nato is next, I would hope to see possibly a Warsaw Pact / Cold War Module (Personal Opinion). To get to my point is what would be wrong in doing a IDF Module say combined with a Eygyptian / Syrian forces to smulate the 1967 & Yom Kippur War Module?

I guess I could be called to simplistic but to historcaly recreate & simulate some of the largest tank battles since WW II, I just can not see that being a bad thing, regardless of if your American, British, or of Middle Eastern descent, etc.

Talking seriously for a moment, there is one significant roadblock to an Israeli module. The chances of getting anything approximating an accurate Israeli TO&E is pretty much zero. For Syrian TO&E BFC was able to contact various 'sources' (wink-nod). No such thing as 'various sources' to get access to the Israeli Army.

Oh, one other thing:

Kind of like PLO attacking schools and school buses.

PLO? You mean Arafat's old organization from 20+ years ago? How did that name come up? Referencing the PLO is like referencing the "provisional wing of the IRA". Its now called Fatah, is being supported (propped up) by both the U.S. and Israel, and being currently lead by Mahmoud Abbas.

Think of it this way, what is going to sell better to a US company, A WWII game set in Normandy or modern in Isreal? If you said the latter, you have not been paying attention.

Going back to cover the 73 or 67 war would not be a module anyway, it would have to be a new game.

Rune

Think of it this way, what is going to sell better to a US company, A WWII game set in Normandy or modern in Isreal? If you said the latter, you have not been paying attention.

Going back to cover the 73 or 67 war would not be a module anyway, it would have to be a new game.

Rune

Bingo. And that game will not be done by BF. BF's business plan probably a five year plan and they are no doubt mum about those plans outside the immediate pending releases. But Steve has said enough that certain things (like no Arab-Israeli module) is not in any current business plan.

That said, when it was revealed that CM:Afghanistan is being done by a Russian company, Steven indicated that will allowing third parties to use the CMSF engine to develop games was part of the BF strategy.

Not to put too fine a point on this but if people really want to see a Arab-Israeli module, or a 80s Cold War module, or Chinese - Russian conflict or whatever and BF has said it is not in their book, then it is apparent that someone else has to step up to do it.

Personally, if I had some programming skills and had some like talented friends, I would approach BF to do a game using their engine. Alas, I am from a small town in Manitoba and I neither the programming skills or programming buddies to make a team to do a game. But damn, I want to.