Release New Campaign in BETA Form?

Hello everyone,

Just over a month ago I announced a new campaign, Operation Hangman, and issued a call for beta testers. I got some, but it seems that they haven't made too much progress on the campaign. I really can't complain, though, as neither have I. Let me explain.

I finished the campaign right before I moved to Berlin (as in, literally, in the airport). Since moving to Berlin, I have had almost no time in which to playtest my campaign. As a result, this campaign has only been playtested up to the fifth out of nine missions.

My question to you all is, should I just release the campaign now? I do have enough time to implement feedback in the editor, I just don't have enough time to go through all of the missions again.

Thanks for your input!

-FMB

I assume that in the course of designing your campaign, you playtested each individual mission as a stand alone and won them all? If that is right then you should just go ahead and release it and make any adjustments you feel are necessary from the feedback you get. If there's one that's particularly troublesome then just concentrate on making it winnable and get it out the door. One full run through of a 10 mission campaign is about 2 weeks of work and in the end, it will still be you. Let others have a go. I'm sure they'll welcome it.

cheers

PT

Gosh! Two weeks' work for a campaign. That sure answers why there are so few out there. If it's only half-made it will in any case give us players days and days of gaming pleasure.

I tip my hat to you, ingenious scenario designers!

I suggest releasing it now so we can check it out before the Brits. Once the Brits arrive I, and most everyone else here, too, will be checking it out with all the gametime we've got.

I'd really like a new campaign to get into just now. Can't currently progress in George Mac's latest, as I've got the Very Big Map bug (which I'm really hoping has been fixed for the next patch), and PT's Dinas can't be fixed until the patch is released either, so please give us a treat, FMB.