Computer v Computer option?

I know it's a game, and it's meant to be played by the human that shelled out the bucks / pounds / euros etc to buy it, but...

Instead of playing Human v PC, why not have the option to play PC v PC (I'm only thinking here of on the same computer, not multiplayer).

That would be a cool way to explore tactics and, ok, lets be honest, to watch a "movie" when playing the game seems a little too much effort...

A good and feasible idea?

There's alway the VERY rarely used 'baked' scenarios. You can set up detailed paths and commands for both sides, 'Bake' in the pre-set orders, then play. That way you can get the AI tanks to area fire a building (standard AI doesn't 'area fire'), AI troops to disembark precisely at spot X and seek cover in spot Y. Your APC to pop smoke and retreat exactly at the intersection. It would be tricky to choreograph everything properly for both sides, and once your string of orders has run its course that'll be it. Its more like a choreographed mini action flick than anything else. :rolleyes:

A much better option to "watch" a movie... can be an option to record an entire multiplayer battle into a file (track), like you can do in Company of heroes with 8 players, or Il2 Sturmovik with 32 players...

You can download and watch the best tactical matchs Player vs Player in a single file and play it!.

Can't be too hard to do, as the AI is already in place.

Depends on the scenario. All of the scenarios that say, "Play as BLUE only" (Hmm, think there are a few of those? ;)) only have AI plans for Red. Also, I don't know how AI plan vs AI plan would work. The baked scenario is your best bet, but then, as someone said, it would only be for a few minutes.

I would love to see this method of play too. It would be a very effective way of learning how to program the AI to do things. If the mission doesn't have a BLUE AI plan, that could be your task... I've been sticking Blue AI plans into my current batch of missions and I have to confess that I enjoy sitting back and watching the show. Okay, I'm playing Red but I'm rooting for the AI...